There are 252 users in the forums

How good is Iupati?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I9VDf1bFI

This video scares me because I don't see him blowing people off the line like people on here have been saying. I believe this is the senior bowl so this is pretty close to NFL calliber competition. He looks more like a grabber than a mauler here, but there is also tape that shows him doing his thing.

Do you think his beast mode had more to do with who he played against in college?

Your thoughts?
Here's a true highlight tape (all positive) and he still looks like a grabber/holder, where are the tapes of him running people over?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhVxlK5cS8E

I only seen him really attack Malauaga (SP).
I saw about 2 bad plays the rest good or I couldnt see who was who. I think your worrying over nothing, every one has bad plays, hopefully he just has a lot more good ones. And coaching will help a lot.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
When they moved him to another position (C and RG) at the Senior Bowl he struggled with technique, but that's understandable. Give him a couple of reps at those positions and he dominates where ever you put him.
[ Edited by mayo63 on May 14, 2010 at 2:45 PM ]
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
I saw about 2 bad plays the rest good or I couldnt see who was who. I think your worrying over nothing, every one has bad plays, hopefully he just has a lot more good ones. And coaching will help a lot.

I hope your right!
Originally posted by mayo63:
When they moved him to another position (center and RG) he struggled with technique, but that's understandable. Give him a couple of reps at those positions and he dominates where ever you put him.

The second clip was college game tape, he was playing his position and I didn't see him gorilla stomp anyone or anything, he was grabbing and pushing. Do you think he can be molded into a top gaurd in the NFL?
he wasnt very good at the senior bowl because the teams wanted to see if he could learn LG and RT.. so he was adjusting.. and apparently he didnt look too hot at RT, so a lot of people thought he was just a pure Gaurd.

forget about the senior bowl. just youtube his college highlights.. the guys a beast. hes without a dought, the best gaurd to come out in ten plus years.
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
he wasnt very good at the senior bowl because the teams wanted to see if he could learn LG and RT.. so he was adjusting.. and apparently he didnt look too hot at RT, so a lot of people thought he was just a pure Gaurd.

forget about the senior bowl. just youtube his college highlights.. the guys a beast. hes without a dought, the best gaurd to come out in ten plus years.

That's what I wanted to hear brotha! I can't wait to see him in the preseason.
I only saw one bad play. The one where he gave up a sack.

The one which he was called for holding...if you notice his dumb ass running back came and clipped him which swung his momentum.

Best believe Frank Gore will do no such thing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by mayo63:
When they moved him to another position (center and RG) he struggled with technique, but that's understandable. Give him a couple of reps at those positions and he dominates where ever you put him.

The second clip was college game tape, he was playing his position and I didn't see him gorilla stomp anyone or anything, he was grabbing and pushing. Do you think he can be molded into a top gaurd in the NFL?

Yes, Solari and Brown will teach him a thing or two and he'll adjust. He's a monster, what till he starts dominating on Sundays, and the best thing is he's ours.
[ Edited by mayo63 on May 14, 2010 at 2:50 PM ]

he hasnt played a game yet
Originally posted by glorydayz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I9VDf1bFI

This video scares me because I don't see him blowing people off the line like people on here have been saying. I believe this is the senior bowl so this is pretty close to NFL calliber competition. He looks more like a grabber than a mauler here, but there is also tape that shows him doing his thing.

Do you think his beast mode had more to do with who he played against in college?

Your thoughts?

I dunno what your talking about.

I saw exactly what I expected to see...a guy manhandling the defender when run-blocking and a guy who needs some work in pass protection.
Originally posted by valrod33:

don't lie to me
Originally posted by valrod33:

dont lie to me ive seen him play at idaho
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Share 49ersWebzone