Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sorry if already posted.

MD, I think you'll be happy to see the #7 on the list:

Best and Worst niner picks of last 2 decades
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Sorry if already posted.

I hope you're not the guy that wrote that article because that might be the worst thing I've ever read. My four year old niece can produce more coherent sentences.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I can agree with the list.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Best picks in last 2 decades? Nothing really stands out as exceptional. Go back 3 decades and there are some impressive picks, but Walsh was around then. Jesse Sapolu round 11, etc,etc.
Originally posted by Karma:
Sorry if already posted.

I hope you're not the guy that wrote that article because that might be the worst thing I've ever read. My four year old niece can produce more coherent sentences.

Didn't write it, just came across it. Regardless of the sentence structure, the list makes sense I think
Sorry if already posted.

I actually agree with it more or less. Patrick Willis should be about where he is on the list right now because of where he was drafted. Frank Gore was one hell of a steal for a third round pick. Considering Willis keeps up his studliness, he'll no doubt be somewhere around #3 for all time 49er draft picks.
Bleacher Report usually means FAIL
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Sorry if already posted.

I actually agree with it more or less. Patrick Willis should be about where he is on the list right now because of where he was drafted. Frank Gore was one hell of a steal for a third round pick. Considering Willis keeps up his studliness, he'll no doubt be somewhere around #3 for all time 49er draft picks.

top 3 spots are hard to contend with.
1. Montana
-Greatest QB of all time in the 3rd??? Best draft pick ever. None come close

2.Rice
-Sure he was a 1st rounder that we traded up for, but he's the GOAT.

3.Lott
-He just meant too much to the team as a player and a leader, and is the best at his position to this day. Willis may one day battle him for this spot if all goes well
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Sorry if already posted.

top 3 spots are hard to contend with.
1. Montana
-Greatest QB of all time in the 3rd??? Best draft pick ever. None come close

2.Rice
-Sure he was a 1st rounder that we traded up for, but he's the GOAT.

3.Lott
-He just meant too much to the team as a player and a leader, and is the best at his position to this day. Willis may one day battle him for this spot if all goes well

Yeah, that's why I said somewhere around #3. Didn't say he was gonna be 3rd all time, hell, he's still young. I highly doubt he'll ever get passed Montana (3rd round pick for one of the best QB's in history if not the best) will definitely be #1. Rice, though he was a first round pick, like you said, is the GOAT. So he's a default 2. But I think Willis by the end of his career could be #3 surpassing Lott one day. He just needs to keep up what he's doing and produce it for 10 more years on the 49ers. :)

~Dann~
Share 49ersWebzone