LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 149 users in the forums

Willis signs 5 year extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Could you imagine if PWilly came into camp 40lbs over weight and started showing up on youtube hanging out at parties with J.Russell...............

NO i can't imagine that

Come on its a little bit funny, unless of course it happened.

I wonder if Navarrow Bowman knows who PWilly is now???

Yeah, no kidding! Isnt that some s**t? A college linebacker who must not have a television or he doesnt keep up with his sport?

How do you NOT know who Patrick Willis is
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Could you imagine if PWilly came into camp 40lbs over weight and started showing up on youtube hanging out at parties with J.Russell...............

NO i can't imagine that

Yeah, no kidding! Isnt that some s**t? A college linebacker who must not have a television or he doesnt keep up with his sport?

What happened with Navarrow Bowman? I missed it. Did he say he never heard of Willis before?
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

NO i can't imagine that

Well, bowman has been on the east coast. The niners don't get any love out there.
man, Im even more happier i chose his jersey for my only authentic purchase, and im glad he is a niner.

He is very well mannered and brought up, next up get Vernon done.
Awesome! Glad to see it wrapped up!

Saw this on the CBS Sportsline board and got a kick out of it...

Originally posted by Goldpanther4:
This is merely the opinion of a writer who whould not a good linebacker if one fell on him...aside from Ray Lewin, I could name a dozen who are better or at least as good.

But alas, I won't because I don't have the time. Nor do I care to debate the issue.

Originally posted by 49erWill:
A night Patick Willis won't forget...
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=62826

"I don't even know why you drafted me, Willis answered. At that point veteran linebacker Hannibal Naives started tapping Willis's chair with his foot. Naives was trying to get Willis to shut up, Willis thought Naives was encouraging him to keep going.I'm not a 3-4 linebacker," Willis continued and he went on for a while. "I'm a 4-3 middle linebacker. Why am I even here?"

Once the rest of the linebackers left, Singletary lit into him. "Who are you to say anything! You're a rookie! You're nothing!" Singletary railed at him.

That night, Willis said he cried on the way home and then he quickly became the linebacker that was rewarded with a five-year extension, one that will pay him $29 million in guarantees and one that will jump his salary from $900,000 to $11 million this year.

I think it's funny that he asked why they drafted him. Must have been awkward for the other players and then scary for Willis when he was one on one with Singletary he made him cry, dayum
werd.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
Adam_Schefter: And next up on a big payday for the 49ers - TE Vernon Davis. And btw, what would HOF S Ronnie Lott in his prime command today? Sheesh.

This was a no brainer. Willis is a special player and I am a very pleased Niner fan to know he is likely a Niner for his career. It's going to be a lot of fun!!

[ Edited by WINiner on May 4, 2010 at 19:26:52 ]
stuffed cabbage

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
OGOchoCinco: @patrickwillis52 remember when I ran yo ass over when we played y'all 3 yrs ago, cmon Bam Bam, I ain't gonna tell nobody else.

OGOchoCinco: @patrickwillis52 its funny how I run through linebackers that wear #52, first you then I took Ray Lewis out when I caught a slant.

OGOchoCinco: @patrickwillis52 congrats on the new deal bruh, can I get some chicken mcnuggets from mcdonalds #newmoney

dude's hilarious....he's got like almost 900K followers--damn!

yeah i bet he didn't show his followers this one
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
OGOchoCinco: @patrickwillis52 remember when I ran yo ass over when we played y'all 3 yrs ago, cmon Bam Bam, I ain't gonna tell nobody else.

OGOchoCinco: @patrickwillis52 its funny how I run through linebackers that wear #52, first you then I took Ray Lewis out when I caught a slant.

OGOchoCinco: @patrickwillis52 congrats on the new deal bruh, can I get some chicken mcnuggets from mcdonalds #newmoney

dude's hilarious....he's got like almost 900K followers--damn!

yeah i bet he didn't show his followers this one

[ Edited by darkknight49 on May 4, 2010 at 20:20:47 ]
what I imagine is he(Willis) goot a 10M roster or upfront signing bonus for 2010, and a 1M base salary making it 11M in 2010, thus most is up front.

Then the 12M in 2011 is his salary, since he is geting 23M over 1st 2 seasons.
Share 49ersWebzone