There are 168 users in the forums

Crazy Idea- but it just may work

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Now that's funny....

Na were probably releasing Moran and moving Robinson to fullback. He might actually excel at the position. Imagine a fb with speed ala Alstott.
  • WillisGoldson
  • Info N/A
I'm not saying it's some brilliant idea that's going to send us to the superbowl, but no one has provided any rational for why it's such a laughable subject.
Ok, now that the laughing is out of my system...

M-Rob's major contribution is on Special teams. So you want to take him away from what he does best to do something that he's never done? How exactly is this supposed to help us?
Originally posted by WillisGoldson:
Ok, so even before posting this I know many of you are going to freak out at the idea. But with the drafting of dixon and Norris being our starting FB, fan favorite Michael Robinson's days in sf may be numbered. My idea is to try Michael Robinson at long snapper. RELAX. I understand he is undersized but he weighs as much as Brian Jennings, and wouldn't be overly small for the position. The seahawks backup longsnapper is 180 pounds. I also understand that Jennings is very good and has helped lee get to the pro bowl and has been once himself, but how nice would it be to have a LS who could contribute in more ways than one. He's an amazing personality in the locker room and is a talented enough athlete to learn how to do it. I know it is farfetched but let me know what you think.

You never played football did you.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Why don't you try it in Madden and let us know how it turns out.

Think thats how the idea was created
Originally posted by pelos21:
Na were probably releasing Moran and moving Robinson to fullback. He might actually excel at the position. Imagine a fb with speed ala Alstott.

Maybe we should put Moran at Long Snapper then.
Lol you should of expected this backlash WillisGoldson.
  • WillisGoldson
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by pelos21:
Lol you should of expected this backlash WillisGoldson.

Oohh I did. My account is new because my old account got deleted. I've been around the webzone for years. It's still funny though.

Ok, so even before posting this I know many of you are going to freak out at the idea. But with the drafting of dixon and Norris being our starting FB, fan favorite Michael Robinson's days in sf may be numbered. My idea is to try Michael Robinson at long snapper. RELAX. I understand he is undersized but he weighs as much as Brian Jennings, and wouldn't be overly small for the position. The seahawks backup longsnapper is 180 pounds. I also understand that Jennings is very good and has helped lee get to the pro bowl and has been once himself, but how nice would it be to have a LS who could contribute in more ways than one. He's an amazing personality in the locker room and is a talented enough athlete to learn how to do it. I know it is farfetched but let me know what you think.

I don't even.

I'm not saying it's some brilliant idea that's going to send us to the superbowl, but no one has provided any rational for why it's such a laughable subject.

If you want a coherent answer, you've got to ask reasonable questions.

I'll humor you.

Moving Michael Robinson to a position that requires repetition and years of mastery would be a huge mistake. Robinson has spent his entire career throwing, running and catching the football. Asking him to long snap would mean not one off season, but quite possibly years of work to ensure flawless execution.

Most long snappers in the NFL have been snapping since High School. Asking Robinson to do it, based solely on the fact that they weight the same, would be the equivalent of asking a tight end to play linebacker because they weigh about the same.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Why dont I take my honda and enter it in a drag race. Its a crazy idea, but it just might not work!
  • WillisGoldson
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by redrathman:

I don't even.

I'm not saying it's some brilliant idea that's going to send us to
the superbowl, but no one has provided any rational for why it's such a laughable subject.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/index.php?nid=275&sid=259931
there is a 180 pound cornerback, who was able to do it perfectly. I think he can figure it out.

If you want a coherent answer, you've got to ask reasonable questions.

I'll humor you.

Moving Michael Robinson to a position that requires repetition and years of mastery would be a huge mistake. Robinson has spent his entire career throwing, running and catching the football. Asking him to long snap would mean not one off season, but quite possibly years of work to ensure flawless execution.

Most long snappers in the NFL have been snapping since High School. Asking Robinson to do it, based solely on the fact that they weight the same, would be the equivalent of asking a tight end to play linebacker because they weigh about the same.

Brian Jennings is known the league over as being the best long snapper in the business. Robinson has never done it. Why would you think that this is a good move. Furthermore, why do you think that Robinson's days are numbered? He's a captain on Special Teams... meaning that he plays every game, and sees the field more that Norris (at least by the end of last year). Dixon will be hard pressed to make the team... Jennings and Robinson are locks. I don't mean to take a strip off the poster... but people on this board will/and likely have taken you to task without thinking through your post.
Share 49ersWebzone