LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 159 users in the forums

What happens to Coach Sing next year......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Coach Sing did a good job last season with what people he had to work with. I wound have never thought we would of had 8 wins with the o-line we had. Just think what he will be able to do this season with all the big boys we got in the draft and then with Alex and the WR'S having the off season and training camp to fine tune things I really think we are going to go along way into the playoffs. and who knows maybe we will get #6 SB win. I really have a good feeling about this team and hope it all comes true. GO NINERS
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
I am intrigued by Sing...I hope he stays (and wins) for a long time.

How many years was Cowher given to win a superbowl? yet niner fans are itching to have him? blah.

Sing has to learn some clock management...maybe some clutch play calling...but he has "it".
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by CainanUK:
I genuinely think that Sing is on the hot seat this season.

Nothing less than 10 wins AND the playoffs keeps him in the job.

We have a TON of talent now. This team is no longer a rebuilding project. The Yorks could probably get their pick of coaches with this roster.

Paging Mr Gruden.....

Why should he be on the hotseat? Sorry this does not make sense to me. I think he has brought in good results with the material provided. Now the GM has changed the only guy I can see on the hot seat is Raye.

Singletary has a pass through to 2012.

Yep I agree English, not a very well thought out post to begin with. Sing has done little to nothing to warrant being on the "hot seat". Matter of fact, if anything he has endeared himself to management for the production he got out of Davis and Smith.

I stand corrected.
If we miss the playoffs this year we have to start over because trying to be Baltimore's ugly step sister just isn't working.

Think about this way. We're in year 6 of the Nolan McCoughlan regime yeah they're both gone but Singletary- Balke are just interim guys who got the nod to be full time replacements. If we can't make the playoffs in the worse division in football by a mile then this strategy is just never going to work for us.
Share 49ersWebzone