Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I love the interview with him. He'll be everything Coffee isn't, great addition and our starter when Fwankie retires.

I wouldn't go that far

I wouldn't go that far? Have you looked at those clips, he should have no problem being our #1 back.

He was a 6th rounder for a reason.

So was Tom Brady, huh? Not comparing the two just saying. You just never know what you got.

glen coffee looked good in college too

No he didn't. He looks the same as his clips. No moves and just runs into the pile. He's exacltly like he was in college.

What the heck is wrong with you guys, he's had one year behind the leagues worst o-line and you guys are already giving up on him I think he's still gonna be great. niner fans are disappointing. don't get me wrong I think Anthony Dixon looks amazing too.

[ Edited by gold49er2183 on May 1, 2010 at 18:01:40 ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Yeah this upcoming season will be the time to really evaluate Coffee. He's had a year under Raye and he'll be running behind an improved oline.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Yeah this upcoming season will be the time to really evaluate Coffee. He's had a year under Raye and he'll be running behind an improved oline.

I think Coffee has a chance to become a serviceable backup on a team that doesn't need him to be the number 1 option. Behind a decent line on a team with a balanced offense he is capable of being a solid stand in. He doesn't dance, pass protects well, can catch out of the backfield, and is capable of breaking initial arm tackles and falling forward for positive yardage. There is room for him as a 3rd RB on all but the deepest RB groups in the NFL.

He does not have the talent to be an every down back. He cannot carry a team. He doesn't scare anyone on defense. Unless a team has a dominant Oline he will not be productive against teams that are keying on stopping him.

In Dixon we have a guy who appears, with the little information we have, to have the requisite talent to be a true threat and potentially even full time replacement for Gore down the line. I'm excited for pre-season to see all of these guys play. Also, another show by Nate Davis is always welcomed.
Every time I watch clips of this kid, one thing stands out: No 5'10", 200 LB safety is going to bring him down one on one, no way no how! You hear me Earl Thomas!

Even Chad Jones, a Mays-like clone in size, was being bowled over by Dixon, what a sight to see! I can't wait until Thomas comes into the box and gets run over by Dixon or Gore. He can ball hawk, but he's going to be teeny against Iupati and Dixon.

This kid is going to be a beast for us especially in the short run game.

Dixon already has the edge for the #2 spot simply based upon the fact that he was exponential in pass-blocking at Mississipi (better instincts than Coffee), and is probably the purest 'shotgun RB' on the roster right now (since Dixon's selective elusiveness allowed the playbook to open find continuity within that formation, with above average success).
hes already faster and bigger.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Dixon already has the edge for the #2 spot simply based upon the fact that he was exponential in pass-blocking at Mississipi (better instincts than Coffee), and is probably the purest 'shotgun RB' on the roster right now (since Dixon's selective elusiveness allowed the playbook to open find continuity within that formation, with above average success).

This.

yes!
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Pure Awsomeness (spelling?)

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Pure Awesomeness (spelling?)

• BenQ
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Pure Awsomesauce (spelling?)

fixed
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Quick-Hits-with-RB-Anthony-Dixon/b4645927-0ce7-4c2d-bcfe-747cdf3f92f8

Anthony Dixon y'know!
Originally posted by NZNiner:
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Quick-Hits-with-RB-Anthony-Dixon/b4645927-0ce7-4c2d-bcfe-747cdf3f92f8

Anthony Dixon y'know!

i like this dude already. seems like a bigger frank gore to me. great attitude, you can tell he appreciates his shot at being in the NFL

RB Anthony Dixon
Share 49ersWebzone