There are 200 users in the forums

9ers sign Brooks to 2 year contract.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
one of the best FAs pick up evar!
championshipppp

[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 2, 2010 at 18:05:47 ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Great news that Brooks signed. Also, still lovin' the new unis. Go niners!
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
That means that in 2 years if Brooks becomes a monster on Dits going to be hard to keep both Willis & him on the same field unless they find a way to sign Willis before his contract is over & i hope thats what happens before anything else

I really hope that happens
He has not done a whole lot just yet. Look at how quiet haralson got after we gave him a contract...?
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Yeah! let's go 49ers mofo!

I just set that sweet freaking picture as my background on my computer

looks like something out of "the waterboy"
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
great news

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
That means that in 2 years if Brooks becomes a monster on D
its going to be hard to keep both Willis & him on the same field unless they find a way to sign Willis before his contract is over & i hope thats what happens before anything else

Come to think of it, the reason why the deal is only for 2 years is that in 2 years, Brooks will be an UFA since by that time, he'll have been in the league for 6 years.

Seems like Brooks didn't get any offers..

-9fA

Going the next step, I bet it'll turn out to be a great contract for the Niners, where Paraage used that as an incentive for Brooks. If he does well, his contract expires when he's ready to cash in. A great way to motivate him. In the mean time, ideally the Niners'll be successful and he'll form a dedication to the franchise, and that'll provide the antidote for a successfull player wanting a big contract. Of course, I'm giving Paraage some credit here, but I'll bet when we see the terms, it'll prove accurate.

[ Edited by mug0mug on Apr 2, 2010 at 22:06:56 ]
Nice!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
A 2-year contract is perfect for Brooks. Brooks has to prove he can rush the passer consistently over the course of year and has to show that he can stay focused on football. Two year will give Niners time to really evaluate Brooks.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
April Fools!!!

...oh wait.

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Yeah! let's go 49ers mofo!
Share 49ersWebzone