There are 201 users in the forums

Dashon Goldson negotiating extension...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lets give him Nate Clements money because Nate has been that shut down corner we all thought he would be.
Originally posted by susweel:
Lets give him Nate Clements money because Nate has been that shut down corner we all thought he would be.

Ouch!
Originally posted by cools:
Goldson and Reggie Smith were horrible today

and Goldson has been bad all season

No way the Niners resign him, and I doubt he gets a big contract from any other team

They should just bench Goldson and Smith, and let Mays and Maragos get some reps

I didnt think we'd miss M.Lewis, I was wrong

Sing screwed with Mays' confidence. all the other teams play their safety and coach them up. This is BS what they are doing to Mays/Bowman
Originally posted by 49ersswagger:
I like deshon goldson but he has played bad this year why maybe he is injured but last year he was a turnover machine forcing fumbles making ints this year he has been nonexistent a complete non factor hopefully a contract extension will make him wake up and play better wtf

He didn't perform when he was playing for a contract, why would you want to reward him with anything? I was a huge supporter early on and thought he had true ball-hawking skills, but he hasn't wowed anybody. He's had maybe a couple of big hits, but that's it.
I was hoping Mays would get all the snaps this year.
Supposedly the coaching staff thinks Goldson's their best S...if so, ouch, they're hurting. I think he could be a good SS...but as a FS, he's just not the ballhawk they need back there. I think Mays could be that guy...but he needs some real coaching up.
Originally posted by JD81:
You're hearing it from me first as a Webzone Exclusive......

I have recently been in contact with a rep for Dashon and arranged an interview. I just received an email informing me that Dashon is currently in contract negotiations for an extension.

As soon as everything gets finalized, I will be able to run my piece. Just wanted to give you guys the 411 BEFORE you hear it ANYWHERE else......

its funny reading the beginning of this post and everyone is real excited about extending goldson

now in the later portion everyone is against it
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Supposedly the coaching staff thinks Goldson's their best S...if so, ouch, they're hurting. I think he could be a good SS...but as a FS, he's just not the ballhawk they need back there. I think Mays could be that guy...but he needs some real coaching up.

you are correct. BRING ON THE MAYS
Maybe we can get Mr. ChickenMan, Merton Hanks back. Dance and all. lol

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I was hoping Mays would get all the snaps this year.

Me too, but I sure as hell didn't disagree them taking him out after he was continuously getting beat. Reggie played very well.

He's a rookie. Many of "the great ones" say it takes the smart ones 2-3 years before they got it so its pretty safe to say that there is lots of hope and promise.
Goldson
I think we should give Goldson a big extension, an extension to anothery team that is.
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
its funny reading the beginning of this post and everyone is real excited about extending goldson

now in the later portion everyone is against it

He sure was disappointing this year. At least we don't have to worry about him only performing in contract years.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Maybe we can get Mr. ChickenMan, Merton Hanks back. Dance and all. lol

I loved merton as a player him and ken norton jr made us an exciting defense into the 90's even without lott etc. I loved mertons chicken bobbing long ass neck. And Ken Norton lighting up the goal post with upper cuts and jabs.

Merton Hanks is now an exec with the league office that doles out fines to players for helmet to helmet. His neck doesn't look nearly as big in a suit and tie as it did when he was playing.
Share 49ersWebzone