There are 163 users in the forums

Which QB should be released/traded?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which QB should be released/traded?

Well, the signing of David Carr means that we now have 4 QBs on the roster. With that being said, one of our beloved Niners is going to fend for himself in the dark murky waters of free agency. I like all of our QBs, but I do hope that we hold on to our boy Nate Davis. Smith is showing some heart, and Hill can win games. Somone is going to be edged out. Who should it be?
Shaun Hill is gone.
I don't even think this should be a question. Shaun Hill is as good as gone.

The #2 guy is meant to backup and challenge for the starting job. David Carr will undoubtedly fill that role. We have Nate Davis as a developmental #3 QB, while Alex Smith is the starter-for-now. It looks like the higher-ups didn't believe in Shaun Hill.
trade shaun hill for a 4th or 5th round pick
Originally posted by Wubbie:
It looks like the higher-ups didn't believe in Shaun Hill.

I don't believe that to be the case. I think it is a matter of game plans that will doom Hill. Our Backup QB has to be able to run the same offense as the Starter. Hill is not capable of doing that in any way. With Hill, we are the most predictable offense in the league. He can't run the spread. Yes he has a 10-6 record but do you really want a team where we have to count on the defense outscoring the opponent. With Hill our leading scoring would be a DB.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
It looks like the higher-ups didn't believe in Shaun Hill.

I don't believe that to be the case. I think it is a matter of game plans that will doom Hill. Our Backup QB has to be able to run the same offense as the Starter. Hill is not capable of doing that in any way. With Hill, we are the most predictable offense in the league. He can't run the spread. Yes he has a 10-6 record but do you really want a team where we have to count on the defense outscoring the opponent. With Hill our leading scoring would be a DB.

This.
Shaun Hill, easily.
David Carr
I think the more productive question is "will be". The consensus seems to be that Hill is out the door. God bless him and thanks. I think this is it for Hill. That being said. It may not happen quickly. Hill does know the offense and I think we will go to camp with 4. Hill won't really have to get a "look" in camp. The coaches know what he can do. Basically Carr just has to show he can digest the offense and preform in practice. Then we'll probably let hill hit the street. Nobody is going to offer us anything trade wise for Hill.
I would not be surprised if they cut Carr like they did Huard last year. Camp arm. If not it will be Hill but Hill knows the offense which seems like a strange move.

Originally posted by valrod33:
trade shaun hill for a 4th or 5th round pick

Why dont you just ask for a first while you are at it. You have about the same shot. No team is going to give up anything higher than a 7th rounder for Shaun Hill and quite honestly I doubt you get that.
  • lv49ers-4liz-ife
  • Info N/A
I wouldn't get to far into this. Every year they bring in extra QB's for camp. I'll wait and see if carr can beat hill in training camp. Carr is not a good QB and will likely be gone after training camp.
Best of luck to ya Sean.
nate davis, so the zone can get off his jock cause hes done jack.

shaun hill is the odd man out. no arm strength doesnt play well into the scheme we are putting in for alex.
Hill.

Joecool must be standing on a ledge somewhere. . .
Share 49ersWebzone