There are 204 users in the forums

Should the 49ERS attempt to talk Marvel Smith out of retirement!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
IDK, if you guys remember but Marvel Smith signed a 2 yr contract with us last year. But than suddenly just retired. What's the possibility of resolving the backup LT/RT position by seeing if he may possibly want to still play. Who knows, just wanted to toss this up.

Per league info: He signed a 2 yr deal with the 49ers. But since he retired he didnt get paid, but if he chooses to unretire the 49ers hold his rights for at least this next year.

[ Edited by DaFaro49ers on Feb 27, 2010 at 23:53:21 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I completely forgot about that guy.

What a waste of a contract.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

• Chief
  • Veteran
I would rather shove the rough end of a pineapple up my ass.
Originally posted by Chief:

This just in, the 49ers have decided to not attempt to talk to Marvel Smith about coming out of retirement. Soon to be released on youtube and spankwire: Chief sticking a pineapple up his ass.

[ Edited by Quanex on Feb 28, 2010 at 00:17:29 ]
Yeah, they should talk him out of retirement so they can sign him, get him in here, and then cut him.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Feb 28, 2010 at 01:10:26 ]
Originally posted by jrg:

it was meant to be..Staley at LT Smith at RT! haha awesome VID
Originally posted by Chief:

No. I would also rather shove the rough end of a pineapple up Chief's ass
dude?!?............hes gotta broke back
fck that dude, he quit on us !

how can you be mad at this guy....he was a probowl superbowl wininng tackle who took a big paycut to prove himself, he wasnt selfish and retired once he knew he couldnt produce on an nfl level. he could have easliy sucked it out and collected a pay check on IR.
Originally posted by FederalAgent49:
how can you be mad at this guy....he was a probowl superbowl wininng tackle who took a big paycut to prove himself, he wasnt selfish and retired once he knew he couldnt produce on an nfl level. he could have easliy sucked it out and collected a pay check on IR.

Agree with that
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by FederalAgent49:

Agree with that

very well said! I just keep thinking, if he didnt retire and played well, how would of our OLINE LOOKED :(
Share 49ersWebzone