There are 195 users in the forums

Webzone analysis: highs and lows for the 49ers in the last decade

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Highs?????????????????
  • ihab
  • Veteran
That game in mexico.

[ Edited by ihab on Feb 17, 2010 at 15:49:18 ]
Special teams MVP: Co-MVPs are Andy Lee and Brian Jennings.

Highlight: The second half of the divisional playoff against the Giants. The Niners were down 38-14 with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, and ripped off a miracle comeback against an over confident, sh*t talking opponent.

In the third quarter, The Giants' starting RB Tiki Barber blew a kiss to the fans as he ran into the end zone, in the first quarter, Starting TE Jeremy "ouch I have a hangnail" Shockey skipped around the back of the end zone after his lone score, and after Terrell Owens broke away for a HUGE score, Michael Strahan ran up to him and pointed at the scoreboard.

Lowlight: After losing both starting corners to injury in the firs half and finding no answer at all to the Bucs' stifling D, Coach Mariucci goes out with a whimper, opting to have QB Jeff Garcia take a knee with over 30 seconbds left on the clock to close out the 1st Half.

[ Edited by Legbreaker on Feb 18, 2010 at 01:51:08 ]
Another lowlight: Getting shutout I believe twice in Nolans tenure as head coach. The 1st one to the seahawks after not getting shutout in 420 straight regular season games which is a record. Last time we were shutout 1977... .

Another lowlight: Thomas Herrion's death

Special Teams MVP: Andy Lee

Offensive MVP: Toss up between Gore and TO, honorable mention Hearst

Defensive MVP: I'd go with Young over Willis too just bc Willis will be the next decade's MVP.
Nice idea for a thread.
Originally posted by English:
Shaj, Woods but Smith factoring in where he was drafted? Come on! A guy who never gave a toss and was out of football in no time or a guy who has tried exceptionally hard and even taken a pay cut. With Woods, Harris and McGrew, to include Smith here smacks of haterism. It is not as though that year was a strong draft.

Its about how the Franchise is affected. At least that is what it should be about if you are a fan. The question is not who had the better NFL career Woods or Alex?

How exactly did Woods affect this 49er franchise? Wasted pick, and that is all, he was booted rather quickly and aside from the pick has not hindered the team at all. Alex, on the other hand; represents not only a wasted pick but an enormous waste of time also.

For the record. The drafting of Alex Smith is not only the worst move of the decade, I think it ranks up there as one of the worst decisions made in Franchise History. Again, not just the drafting, but the 2nd and 3rd chances given as well.

[ Edited by danimal on Feb 18, 2010 at 11:37:11 ]
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by English:
Shaj, Woods but Smith factoring in where he was drafted? Come on! A guy who never gave a toss and was out of football in no time or a guy who has tried exceptionally hard and even taken a pay cut. With Woods, Harris and McGrew, to include Smith here smacks of haterism. It is not as though that year was a strong draft.

Its about how the Franchise is affected. At least that is what it should be about if you are a fan. The question is not who had the better NFL career Woods or Alex?

How exactly did Woods affect this 49er franchise? Wasted pick, and that is all, he was booted rather quickly and aside from the pick has not hindered the team at all. Alex, on the other hand; represents not only a wasted pick but an enormous waste of time also.

For the record. The drafting of Alex Smith is not only the worst move of the decade, I think it ranks up there as one of the worst decisions made in Franchise History. Again, not just the drafting, but the 2nd and 3rd chances given as well.

Share 49ersWebzone