LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 236 users in the forums

NEW ALT. UNIFORMS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by wailers15:
No black. Black has no business in niner colors

Except as a border color, which is what it's used as.
Originally posted by prime21:
OG look, red letters, numbers and stripes on jersey, same pants = ALTERNATE

http://i42.tinypic.com/24ybvar.jpg

lol people who like this have no eye for aesthetics. That uniform is ugly as sin.
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol people who like this have no eye for aesthetics. That uniform is ugly as sin.

I agree, I really don't get this fascination with black.

We literally have one of the sharpest uniforms in the league (it's not perfect, those sleeve stripes), but it could be a lot worse, we could be wearing something as ugly as the Jaguars or Seahawks uniforms.

I'd be ok with something like this as an alternative (keep the uni the same)... sucks the concussion policy would stop this - maybe they can do the black in one big decal? lol.
Our only alt unis should be like the old, old school unis. my vote goes to the 1965 unis.

Black would be f'n awesome! You artsy design types always think you know everything. An alternate jersey is only worn like 1-3 times a season, it doesn't completely replace the OG. Yeah our OG is cool but a black jrsey twice a season isn't exactly blasphemy.
I'm down with those 65 unis. Silver and red is fresh. The black helmet would be better with a different facemask.
I just wanna see Tyne 94 unis.
Originally posted by Milkman:

I'd be ok with something like this as an alternative (keep the uni the same)... sucks the concussion policy would stop this - maybe they can do the black in one big decal? lol.

That is the ugliest helmet idea ive EVER seen. Wow.
Either way, I think having an alternate is better than not having one, and at least our throwbacks look cool unlike the Steelers, Eagles or Packers. It would be cool to see us suited up in a different uni for at least a couple games a season. New coach, new alternate uniform, makes sense to me.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Breaking news! Found our official alternate uniforms for 2015

Dicking around in Photoshop awhile back and came up with a gold uni variant.

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Dicking around in Photoshop awhile back and came up with a gold uni variant.

The white is what makes our uniforms pop. The gold just blends it all together with the helmet and pants. Not ugly, but not a good look imo.
Originally posted by prime21:
Either way, I think having an alternate is better than not having one, and at least our throwbacks look cool unlike the Steelers, Eagles or Packers. It would be cool to see us suited up in a different uni for at least a couple games a season. New coach, new alternate uniform, makes sense to me.

Why does there need to be an alternate? Great uniforms dont need alternates.

If they wore the 1994 drop shadow alternates once or twice a year id be down with that. But we dont need to force a new 3rd uniform.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Why does there need to be an alternate? Great uniforms dont need alternates.

If they wore the 1994 drop shadow alternates once or twice a year id be down with that. But we dont need to force a new 3rd uniform.

jed needs a new revenue stream, thats why.
Share 49ersWebzone