LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 320 users in the forums

Vernon Davis tries a new sport

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Tell him to stop f**king around and work on those stone hands.

To many drops
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
What exactly is curling?

You push some rock and try to get it stop in the circle?

What's so hard about that?

I mean, at least golf, the hole is extremely small.

Well we invented Golf too. When it got cold we went curling. Notice the trend of strategic sports where guile is required.

God knows how we invented shinty mind I wouldn't want him playing that.

I just hope he does not get hurt maxing out on the curling. It would be a real lose if he did.
Originally posted by Avants49:
I just hope he does not get hurt maxing out on the curling. It would be a real lose if he did.

I'm not sure if I've ever heard anybody be injured for any significant period of time due to curling..

-9fA
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by crzy:
What exactly is curling?

You push some rock and try to get it stop in the circle?

What's so hard about that?

I mean, at least golf, the hole is extremely small.

It's like that bar game (shuffle board?) where you slide the pogs down a wood board and try to get closest to the edge without going over. I bet it's a ton of fun. I don't really see why its an Olympic sport, but I bet it kicks arse when you're drunk.
I thought by curling they meant curls with weights lol
Link

Article about VD and curling. I'm so glad VD turned things around with the 49ers. Singletary FTW!
Mens and womens curling teams both 0-1 so far
I hate the winter olympics....I was born and raised in the bay area and can't relate to snow sports.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I hate the winter olympics....I was born and raised in the bay area and can't relate to snow sports.

Winter Olympics is awesome. The skiing and jumping is awesome. Plus a lot of the skating races are good. And luge and bobsled. There is a lot of speed in the winter olympics. Even some of the figure skating is good.

You should go up to the mountains. You are not far from Tahoe if you are in Oakland. Drive up there and learn how to ski or snowboard...

Summer Olympics are 100 times better. T & F, swimming/diving, basketball, baseball , softball, wrestling, gymnastics, tennis, kayaking, boxing, shooting, on and on and on.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
Summer Olympics are 100 times better. T & F, swimming/diving, basketball, baseball , softball, wrestling, gymnastics, tennis, kayaking, boxing, shooting, on and on and on.

The skiing and snowboarding stuff is pretty damn cool if you like skiing and snowboarding.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Interesting.
Hate to be a downer; but shouldn't Vernon Davis be spending his of season trying to improve his one weakness - holding on to passes. How about perhaps studying defenses to find zones where he can further help this team instead of messsing around? That is what the great ones do; they seek help and wisdom from someone who has been an all pro and find out the subtle nuances of the game. Vernon you slacker, GET TO WORK!

• BenQ
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Hate to be a downer; but shouldn't Vernon Davis be spending his of season trying to improve his one weakness - holding on to passes. How about perhaps studying defenses to find zones where he can further help this team instead of messsing around? That is what the great ones do; they seek help and wisdom from someone who has been an all pro and find out the subtle nuances of the game. Vernon you slacker, GET TO WORK!

know what everyone else on the team are doing on their free time? jack s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone