LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 165 users in the forums

Boomer says Niners make playoffs in 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I really don't listen much to the talking heads predictions anymore. Doing that just got me depressed to often. Besides doing that is like a hot girl who constantly needs to hear how hot she is. Oh wait they are all like that arent they? Anyway it gets old.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Bah! All these guys trying to jinx us, just so they could potentially be like "I told you so" next year, if it does happen... I bet their is peeps saying that the Raiders will make the playoffs too...

I have heard absolutely nothing of the raiders making the playoffs anytime soon.
"Just wait till next year!"

That should be placed above the entrance to team head qtrs. Sigh.....
And i say we make the playoffs as well!!!! But what do i know!
Bah! All these guys trying to jinx us, just so they could potentially be like "I told you so" next year, if it does happen... I bet their is peeps saying that the Raiders will make the playoffs too...

Herm Edwards said the Raiders were going 8-8 this year, I said they would win only 5 games and I was right.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
With Alexis Smith at QB? No way in hell!

So with a new QB and our CURRENT OL we will be better?! Open ur eyes buddy... We can have Peyton back there and it wouldn't gave mattered!

I disagree too.

Manning would have audibled the Defese out of their jocks.

Anyone else you're probably right. Manning not so much.

This Line was swiss cheese this season. It is getting better but only because we backed Smith off it. Which should be an indicator to visually impaired fans like ZRF, Norwalk etc. that it wasn't Smith. But as I said they are visually impaired.

CFoAbS ain't no joke. It wreaks havoc on the nervous system, gives the afflicted an overinflated sense of authority on QB's, mood swings are just short of violent when speaking of their problem and they're hindered by an acute case of myopia.

There is only two known cures one of them they are completely unwilling to try.

1. Root for another team. *Can't say I truly blame them. That's like checking yourself in and willingly having a frontal lobotomy performed on yourself*

2.Remove the object of their focus from the equation. *Which will not happen for at least one more season*

So please donate to the "Can't*Focus*onAnythingbut*Smith" fund. Someday you too may be afflicted with such an awful disease.

CFoAbS; Isn't it time we fine another cure?

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jan 4, 2010 at 4:36 AM ]
It's a reasonable prediction...we should've made the playoffs this year. I see at least five games we should've won (Minn, Indy, Houston, Tenn, Seattle) were it not for DUMB mistakes. Cut those mistakes in half and we make it. Got to find ways to elmininate them. Got to improve the OL. Got to improve the RB corps. Got to improve receivers hanging onto the ball. Got to get a consistent pass rush. Got to improve ST's, especially KR. All of those are doable...but they'll have to have a killer draft and sign a few key FA's.

LOL Sorry But not even Raider fans think that the raiders will be making the playoffs Anytime soon...LOL I think the Lions or Lambs might make the playoffs before the raiders do.
Originally posted by matt49er:
we were one bulls**t prayer Brett Favre should have been sacked lucky ass 50 yard pass from going 9-7 this year guys. A Vernon Davis dropped TD pass in Sea from 10-6 this team is not that far off.

The 9ers will have 2 first round picks in the top 15. A OL and DB or maybe passrusher will be had. The 9ers have a good amount of cap space and a quality 2-3 FA's isn't a stretch. This team will content next year, go to the playoffs for sure.

Uhhh Last I heard theres NO cap for next year...
Now will thatmean the J Jones becomes G Steinbrenner of the NFL and buys the cowpokes championships?
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

So with a new QB and our CURRENT OL we will be better?! Open ur eyes buddy... We can have Peyton back there and it wouldn't gave mattered!

I disagree too.

This Line was swiss cheese this season. It is getting better but only because we backed Smith off it. Which should be an indicator to visually impaired fans like ZRF, Norwalk etc. that it wasn't Smith. But as I said they are visually impaired.

CFoAbS ain't no joke. It wreaks havoc on the nervous system, gives the afflicted an overinflated sense of authority on QB's, mood swings are just short of violent when speaking of their problem and they're hindered by an acute case of myopia.

1. Root for another team. *Can't say I truly blame them. That's like checking yourself in and willingly having a frontal lobotomy performed on yourself*

2.Remove the object of their focus from the equation. *Which will not happen for at least one more season*

So please donate to the "Can't*Focus*onAnythingbut*Smith" fund. Someday you too may be afflicted with such an awful disease.

~Ceadder

No way Manning comes in and does well. He needs to practice with the WRs to get timing (just like Smith needs to do) and he can't move around like Smith so he's a target who can't move back there.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's a reasonable prediction...we should've made the playoffs this year. I see at least five games we should've won (Minn, Indy, Houston, Tenn, Seattle) were it not for DUMB mistakes. Cut those mistakes in half and we make it. Got to find ways to elmininate them. Got to improve the OL. Got to improve the RB corps. Got to improve receivers hanging onto the ball. Got to get a consistent pass rush. Got to improve ST's, especially KR. All of those are doable...but they'll have to have a killer draft and sign a few key FA's.

Agreed Corva.

But I don't think we have to have a killer draft. Just need to identify the needs and pick for those needs. Having two early to mid round selections almost guarantees a good draft. But we've seen some teams with as much fail miserably on draft day. So anything is possible. I think this is where McCloughan has to show that he's no Dolt and can take this team over the top with sound logical choices.

*Scott you're on the clock in 4m/14d/3hrs you better have your ducks in a row when you get there.*

Everything else is a given. Especially after the last FA Tackle we signed up and retired instead of attempting to play for this team. That was not good. Could not be helped but was not good at all.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

I'll give you one thing. If we improve all of those things we WILL make the playoffs.
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

I disagree too.

~Ceadder

No way Manning comes in and does well. He needs to practice with the WRs to get timing (just like Smith needs to do) and he can't move around like Smith so he's a target who can't move back there.

Did you SEE what Manning accomplished with a Rookie WR corps? He had ONE player that he already had(Wayne) and the rest we essentially scrubs. And he STILL made them look like Pro Bowl calibur WRs'.

And c'mon dude if Manning were on this team you an I both know that he would have the timing down with the rest of the skill players. That's how Manning rolls.

As I said Manning would have audibled out of alot of what Smith had to endure.

I don't want Smith to audible out of anything unless he has a solid set of audibles to go to that make sense in the final change to what they were originally set to run.

That's just asking too much of a guy. He's already showing some promise. And he's fighting it by over thinking a good part of the time. We want him to be comfortable. Whether it's in the pocket or not. If he's not comfortable next season then get him out of there cause he'll never be comfortable on this team. Ship him to a team that he can excel with so we can all see how retarded(in the narrative term) this team's management has become if that's indeed what it is.

Romo just set the franchise mark for Phallus by being the first to take EVERY snap for his team. If you can believe that. I'm not thinking they go very far in the Playoffs but the man is essentially a carbon copy of Alex. The deviation is at the Protection he gets vs. the Protection that Smith gets as well as the continuity of having a solid OC to work with.

I want to see Smith with some continuity. I'm getting to the point now where I don't care if it's on another team or not. I just want the man to have something that he was promised when Nolan drafted him. Makes me sick just thinking of how pathetic this team was back then and while we've made strides with the Skill players the Line is just as bad now as it was then. That should NEVER happen. The Line should not be the final piece to be addressed when your cross hairs are set on Playoffs and beyond.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
We've heard this before. In '06. Then in '07. Then in '08. When will these so-called experts learn their lesson? No team with Mcloughan as GM, Singletary as coach, Raye as OC, and Smith as QB is making the playoffs. Even in a below average NFC west.

If your so dismayed, it may be time for you to jump on the Charger bandwagon, since everyone else on the networks are.
Quote:
I want to see Smith with some continuity. I'm getting to the point now where I don't care if it's on another team or not. I just want the man to have something that he was promised when Nolan drafted him. Makes me sick just thinking of how pathetic this team was back then and while we've made strides with the Skill players the Line is just as bad now as it was then. That should NEVER happen. The Line should not be the final piece to be addressed when your cross hairs are set on Playoffs and beyond.

~Ceadder

I blame Scot for this. His fault.
Share 49ersWebzone