There are 294 users in the forums

Original Telecast of the 1981 NFC Championship on NFL Network : 5pm

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
damn, looked like Tony Hill was out of bounds to me.....

Well the white line is just the warning that you're getting close to out of bounds, out of bounds is once that line stops, duh . That call and the next play phantom PI on Lott when he intercepted it.
If only they knew what they were about to set in motion.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luis1985:
I love how Montana throws the ball where the DBs have no way to intercept it. He even throws it really low that only the WRs have a chance to catch it if not it will hit the ground and not be intercepted. Alex instead throws it high and if it doesn't get caught it bounces off the wr and into the arms of the DBs. Damn we need a good QB watching this is making me sad and mad at the same time

dude he threw 3 picks in this game, and one of them was horrible. Luckily Clark is tall and has some hops so he could pull in our franchise changing moment!!
Originally posted by Tman:
I love how Montana throws the ball where the DBs have no way to intercept it. He even throws it really low that only the WRs have a chance to catch it if not it will hit the ground and not be intercepted. Alex instead throws it high and if it doesn't get caught it bounces off the wr and into the arms of the DBs. Damn we need a good QB watching this is making me sad and mad at the same time

dude he threw 3 picks in this game, and one of them was horrible. Luckily Clark is tall and has some hops so he could pull in our franchise changing moment!!

lmao, Montana was terrible for the most part this game, but he had the mojo to turn around and win the game

Yeah that was a high throw. If Alex made that throw everyone would be saying "WTF HE THROW IT HIGH AND HE GET LUCKY WR PULLED IT IN FU SMITTY!!!!!!"
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Yeah that was a high throw. If Alex made that throw everyone would be saying "WTF HE THROW IT HIGH AND HE GET LUCKY WR PULLED IT IN FU SMITTY!!!!!!"

Different times, different personnel, different people, and a totally different situation to wrangle this point out.

Gezzzzzzzz, anyone who is a Niner fan should know, that was a designed play that they practiced that week. IE; the high throw in the corner... But maybe some new fans don't know, now you do.

I got some grass outta that endzone after a NFC Champ game once when we rushed the field after the gun, my pride and joy on my porch, lived for about two years..

NINERS!

Wish I could see this game, again
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

Gezzzzzzzz, anyone who is a Niner fan should know, that was a designed play that they practiced that week. IE; the high throw in the corner... But maybe some new fans don't know, now you do.

I got some grass outta that endzone after a NFC Champ game once when we rushed the field after the gun, my pride and joy on my porch, lived for about two years..

NINERS!

Wish I could see this game, again

If you call over 20 years as a fan and a season ticket holder as new then you got me!!

I wish I could have been at that game
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Different times, different personnel, different people, and a totally different situation to wrangle this point out.

Oh no I know what you mean, I'm just saying.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
lol @ our cheerleaders

Take a closer look at those Cheerleaders, One is Terry Hatcher.

nah, i think the actual gold rush as we know it today wasn't established until 1983/84. in this game the niners still have the old high-school type cheerleaders (with MALE cheerleaders as well! will ferrel is that you?)

also, if i recall, terry hatcher was only on the 1984 squad, since she can be seen in the super bowl xxix broadcast at stanford (i have the dvd w/ the telecasts of the 5 super bowl wins).

• BobS
  • Veteran
What would happen if the current team had 6 turnovers? Would they get beat by 50?
Look at the roster, a basic rookie secondary, running back by committee, and it wins the Super Bowl! Just shows you how great coaching can get the most out of a team.
How do Jed, Scottie, Mike and Jimmy compare to Eddie, Bill and Bobb? They don't and that is a bigger part of the problem than most zoners realize.
MONTANA WAS A BEAST!

He shed two near tackles, escaped and made a throw to Clark (not The Catch) for the touchdown.

BTW Lott got ROBBED for that Interception

Seems as though refs have been screwing us for years.

Lotts the man though. He went straight for the pick six , instead of going to the ground like a pansy.
Montana just got sacked!
Niners are down by 3, I hope they can pull the comeback!
I've noticed that all the fans were smiling and cheering, having a good time.

Nowadays, you have drunken idiots pist off and stuff.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
MONTANA WAS A BEAST!

He shed two near tackles, escaped and made a throw to Clark (not The Catch) for the touchdown.

BTW Lott got ROBBED for that Interception

Seems as though refs have been screwing us for years.

Lotts the man though. He went straight for the pick six , instead of going to the ground like a pansy.

Yeah I noticed how Lott got robbed the first time I watched the game.
Share 49ersWebzone