LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 349 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree vs. Percy Harvin?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
i love Harvin and Crabtree.

Glad we have Crabs, but wouldnt have minded Harvin at all.

For 2010 draft, i wanna see us target Dexter McCluster from Ole Miss. He reminds me of Harvin so much, tiny, explosive and fast.

agreed. however i just think there are a lot bigger holes to fill first
don't forget about britt. i like that guy too

crabtree will have a breakout year next season

c-tree >>> the rest
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
There yards per game are about the same with Crabtree having a small edge. That being said Crabtree did not go through training camp to learn the offense, he did not play any preseason games to adjust to NFL coverages and he still better per game. Harvin benefits from not being the go to receiver on his team. He gets a lot of open space to make plays because of the talent on his team. His route running is not as good as Crabtree. If Harvin was on the 49ers I don't believe his stats would be as good as Crabtree's has been. Harvin would probably have the most effect in special teams.
Crabtree will be the better reciever over his career, but Harvin is really impressive and fuels this argument with his special teams play. But for me I'd take Crabtree every time.
In the long run Crabs will have better career. Harvin will not have the same stats if tavaris Jackson was throwing the ball and AP is not on your team. The vikings are the better overall team reason why his stats look alot better than Crabs.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by nothing03:
In the long run Crabs will have better career. Harvin will not have the same stats if tavaris Jackson was throwing the ball and AP is not on your team. The vikings are the better overall team reason why his stats look alot better than Crabs.[/quote]

not really I've been impressed with both guys but compare stats equally Crabs has only played 7 games with no training camp or preseason Harvin has played in all 12 and two preseason games with full training camp

Crabtree
4.6 rpg 58.0 ypg

Harvin
4 rpg 56.8 ypg

Crabtree
6-1 214

Harvin
5-11 184

Crabs is more an Anquan Boldin type while Harvin is more a Steve Smith kind of guy.

[ Edited by 9erfan4life on Dec 9, 2009 at 05:53:47 ]
I think Crabtree has a higher ceiling... and Harvin with his puff puff pass history, would have been a reach if we had drafted him where we took Crabtree.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
I agree Crabtree is the better longterm value, with Harvins migranes who knows what a concussion or two will do to the length of his career. Percy is the man, but I still like Crabs.

ON a sidenote, this seasons wr class is shaping up to be like TO's wr class.

Harvin , Crabtree, Britt, Maclin, etc. all look good.

Don't forget Nicks. He's playing well in NY.
If Harvin is not arrested in the next year, I'd be shocked. I'll take Crabtree.
We need a speed reciever like Harvin. Notice how every corner plays up coverage on Crabtree and Morgan. Don't respect our speed and we don't have a ton of deep balls thrown. One guy to open up the field; thought that was Jones?

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Based on what? Has he already been in trouble in Minnesota?
Minnesota got Steve Smith. We got Keyshawn Johnson.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Crabtree will be better.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Minnesota got Steve Smith. We got Keyshawn Johnson.

Minnesota got Devin Hester. We got Chris Carter.
Share 49ersWebzone