LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 246 users in the forums

This team is close but a STUPID ORGANIZATION.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by danimal:
actions speak louder than words...they really don't care

Eddie cared. He cared too much, but he cared.

Correct.

I have brought up in the past. The NFL competition committee should look into setting up some Ownership guidelines to ensure maximum motivation.

Generally speaking, owners who go out and seek ownership of a sports franchise tend to have a competitive streak in them that is good for the league. It is sad when you see the franchise passed down to family members that never really wanted it in the first place but enjoy the profits too much to ever let go.

I envision something like a "No Inheritance Rule", this would prevent Family Owned Franchises and ensure these teams are always run by those most motivated

The SF 49ers post Eddie is an illustration of what happens to inherited teams
Originally posted by kidash:
tell us how you really feel...

The points made are correct.

Some, not all... most are your opinions...

What do you disagree with?

to start it off:

Quote:
~ John York - does not care.
~ Denise Debartolo York - certainly does not care. I doubt she even watches the games.
~ Jed York - The 27 year old SILVER SPOONER needed something to do when he grew up so the family handed him a $1 Billion franchise with no experience.
~ Paraag Marathe - A recent MBA grad with no experience.

These are all your opinion. If the Yorks didn't care, they would have kept on gutting this team inside out (like they almost did in the beginning). Although Jed York is young, he knows he doesn't know enough about the business and have asked for opinions from other owners and E. DeBartolo to try and guide his way. He is young and still learning. We'll see what he does, this off-season, to try and improve the hierarchy of this team...

As for Marathe, tell me of another franchise who had the same (financial) issues like us (before) and be under the cap while fielding a good team? His job is to work the cap and he has done a good job, IMO (my opinion).

these:

Quote:
~ Pick a star shotgun / spread offense QB and play him for 4 1/2 years in the I formation slamming the RB into the pile. Until you finally figure out 1/2 way through year 5 gee maybe the spread would be good for him...

~ Fire Mooch - a playoff HC for what?

~ Hire NoWin and singFRAUD with no Head Coaching experience... And boy does it show.

~ The current game management and clock management is the worst I've ever seen under sing. A timeout the first play of the game... Pep rally timeouts... A reverse and fumble to give the other team the ball inside the red zone when you are controlling the game on offense and it's far from necessary...

All opinions as well. Although I agree on the Mooch firing (bad move), the rest are so and so (esp. the last two considering that Singletary is still learning). I have more faith in Sing than I do Nolan so well see how that pans out...

The rest of your post I can agree with, us lacking players and so forth....

But to get back on what I was saying, most of those "problems" you pointed out are your opinions, not necessarily true nor wrong. Some can be corrected but as you stated, it has to start on top.

Yup it's my opinion that the Yorks don't care. They keep talking about wanting a new stadium but never put a winning team on the field. And they hire loser coaches or guys with no Head Coaching experience at all.

So I'm just going by what I see.

Although I don't agree with most of your opinions, I can't hate you on that...

but seriously, why follow a "STUPID ORGANIZATION?"

Why are you still around???

Because this is my team. Why are you still around?

same as you.... (and the fact that I left my key home. Can't get in the house!)

to start it off:

Quote:
~ Denise Debartolo York - certainly does not care. I doubt she even watches the games.
~ Jed York - The 27 year old SILVER SPOONER needed something to do when he grew up so the family handed him a $1 Billion franchise with no experience.

These are all your opinion. If the Yorks didn't care, they would have kept on gutting this team inside out (like they almost did in the beginning). Although Jed York is young, he knows he doesn't know enough about the business and have asked for opinions from other owners and E. DeBartolo to try and guide his way. He is young and still learning. We'll see what he does, this off-season, to try and improve the hierarchy of this team...

As for Marathe, tell me of another franchise who had the same (financial) issues like us (before) and be under the cap while fielding a good team? His job is to work the cap and he has done a good job, IMO (my opinion).

these:

Quote:
~ Pick a star shotgun / spread offense QB and play him for 4 1/2 years in the I formation slamming the RB into the pile. Until you finally figure out 1/2 way through year 5 gee maybe the spread would be good for him...

~ Hire NoWin and singFRAUD with no Head Coaching experience... And boy does it show.

~ The current game management and clock management is the worst I've ever seen under sing. A timeout the first play of the game... Pep rally timeouts... A reverse and fumble to give the other team the ball inside the red zone when you are controlling the game on offense and it's far from necessary...

All opinions as well. Although I agree on the Mooch firing (bad move), the rest are so and so (esp. the last two considering that Singletary is still learning). I have more faith in Sing than I do Nolan so well see how that pans out...

But to get back on what I was saying, most of those "problems" you pointed out are your opinions, not necessarily true nor wrong. Some can be corrected but as you stated, it has to start on top.

Yup it's my opinion that the Yorks don't care. They keep talking about wanting a new stadium but never put a winning team on the field. And they hire loser coaches or guys with no Head Coaching experience at all.

So where are you posting from?

I disagree completely on your asessment of Gore in the passing game. Besides being well above average in blitz pick-up he's proven he can catch and run well out of the backfield. Under Turner and suprisingly Hostler he was 4th in the league in receiving in 2006 and 2007 behind the likes of only Westbrook, Bush and Jackson . . . however his production under Martz dipped . . . as did Vernons.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

to start it off:

Quote:

these:

Quote:

no hidden keys in the house that you can obtain from outside? I have a backup key hanging in my bathroom window I can open reach around and get if need be. Saved me a couple times now.

Also hid one in my brother's garage just in case. But I can't remember where I put it!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I disagree completely on your asessment of Gore in the passing game. Besides being well above average in blitz pick-up he's proven he can catch and run well out of the backfield. Under Turner and suprisingly Hostler he was 4th in the league in receiving in 2006 and 2007 behind the likes of only Westbrook, Bush and Jackson . . . however his production under Martz dipped . . . as did Vernons.

I'm ok with keeping him also. But a speedy 3rd down back who has great hands and runs great routes would be excellent for this offense going forward. So we can add that and keep Gore also.

My main complaint with Gore is he fumbles way too much. But he certainly is way more good than bad.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Dunno man, i gotta agree with SD on some of those points. I never understood the mooch firing. That was totally silly. Never got nolan and wanting to put a spread QB in immediately. Smith should have never played that first season.

Game management has been horrible. Don't think anyone can disagree.

While sing is unprven, he has shown he's willing to change and adapt; nolan never did.

And I think Jed will be fine; at least he cares.

sing has some adaptibility. That's his only positive trait I can think of.

I feel that Singletary can get the best out of players. I give credit to Singletary for bringing along Davis and Smith. He can recognize what he needs to say or do in order to help a player improve. ie. instill confidence in Smith and show Davis how to be a leader.

The above is something that Nolan was just never able to do. Singletary is big on relationships and i feel that this is a big reason as to why some players are playing better than expected.

-9fA

I give sing full credit on VD. Davis needed to be kicked out, called out and get his attitude in order. That's what happened and now he is better this year.

I give him zero credit on Alex. Alex is healthy and we are finally going to the spread after players asked for it. Alex has made his own improvement IMO.

I disagree about Alex. Alex's issues were beyond the football field and included his confidence and mindset that Singletary (IMO) helped rectify.

-9fA
So where are you posting from?

Work, just waiting for the kiddies to get home then I'll jet...

Originally posted by 9erReign:

That didn't contribute much to the thread.

The point I made was correct.

Please debate my post, don't go changing the subject all the time.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Dunno man, i gotta agree with SD on some of those points. I never understood the mooch firing. That was totally silly. Never got nolan and wanting to put a spread QB in immediately. Smith should have never played that first season.

Game management has been horrible. Don't think anyone can disagree.

While sing is unprven, he has shown he's willing to change and adapt; nolan never did.

And I think Jed will be fine; at least he cares.

sing has some adaptibility. That's his only positive trait I can think of.

I feel that Singletary can get the best out of players. I give credit to Singletary for bringing along Davis and Smith. He can recognize what he needs to say or do in order to help a player improve. ie. instill confidence in Smith and show Davis how to be a leader.

The above is something that Nolan was just never able to do. Singletary is big on relationships and i feel that this is a big reason as to why some players are playing better than expected.

-9fA

I give sing full credit on VD. Davis needed to be kicked out, called out and get his attitude in order. That's what happened and now he is better this year.

I give him zero credit on Alex. Alex is healthy and we are finally going to the spread after players asked for it. Alex has made his own improvement IMO.

I disagree about Alex. Alex's issues were beyond the football field and included his confidence and mindset that Singletary (IMO) helped rectify.

-9fA

I give sing a small amount of credit in the confidence category for Alex. But the biggest factor IMO was getting rid of NoWin who routinely liked to throw him under the bus instead of playing spread to his strengths and trying to develop him. Minus NoWin = Greater than Plus sing IMO.

What's really scary is that we have become eerily similar to bad organizations like Detroit Lions and LA Clippers. Even they show flashes every now and then and give indications that they are turning it around, but ultimately go back to the cellar. Clippers made the Playoffs a few years ago. Lions had a 7-9 season a year ago. That's matches the best record we have had in the last 7 years. Does this team have talent? Yes. No question. But to become a perennial contender it takes a lot more than just a few talented players. It takes a smart front office that knows how to put it all together.

The Yorks have made a serious of blunders as owners, but not hiring a strong football executive is a mistake they keep repeating every offseason. York Jr., Mcloughan, and Marathe are grossly under-qualified to run a football operation. It's as if the 49ers have become an amateur operation with them in the front office. And the results show on the field.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
What's really scary is that we have become eerily similar to bad organizations like Detroit Lions and LA Clippers. Even they show flashes every now and then and give indications that they are turning it around, but ultimately go back to the cellar. Clippers made the Playoffs a few years ago. Lions had a 7-9 season a year ago. That's matches the best record we have had in the last 7 years. Does this team have talent? Yes. No question. But to become a perennial contender it takes a lot more than just a few talented players. It takes a smart front office that knows how to put it all together.

The Yorks have made a serious of blunders as owners, but not hiring a strong football executive is a mistake they keep repeating every offseason. York Jr., Mcloughan, and Marathe are grossly under-qualified to run a football operation. It's as if the 49ers have become an amateur operation with them in the front office. And the results show on the field.

Yes and they do remind me of the Lions and Clippers.
Well you're a fan of a "stupid organization"
actions speak louder than words...they really don't care

Eddie cared. He cared too much, but he cared.

Correct.

I have brought up in the past. The NFL competition committee should look into setting up some Ownership guidelines to ensure maximum motivation.

Generally speaking, owners who go out and seek ownership of a sports franchise tend to have a competitive streak in them that is good for the league. It is sad when you see the franchise passed down to family members that never really wanted it in the first place but enjoy the profits too much to ever let go.

I envision something like a "No Inheritance Rule", this would prevent Family Owned Franchises and ensure these teams are always run by those most motivated

The SF 49ers post Eddie is an illustration of what happens to inherited teams

I'm sorry to say, but this will absolutely never happen.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
STUPID ORGANIZATION?

I agree with you 100% But we appear to be alone in our thinking. The Yorks are cheap
and are unwilling to spend money in areas not governed by the salary cap, the only place an owner can get a financial edge on the competition, is hiring top notch people
whose salary is not governed by the man. Great organizations spend big money on front office staff, GMs, Directors of player personnel, scouts, coaching staff, etc.
The Yorks fail to do this, they hire the cheapest flunkies they can find. This team will never amount to anything until they change their tightwad ways. What most zoners ignore is the fact all 5 Superbowls were won under a free spending owner, and we now have a cheapskate owner. The chances of being anything other than mediocre under the Yorks are zero, but most zoners do not realize this. For stating the obvious we are labeled as not real fans.
Share 49ersWebzone