LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 192 users in the forums

49ers of 2009.....what was I Drinking?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I did read AJ's take and thought it was good. But heres mine, 1st off the 2009 49ers are not a good team. In the NFL the good teams can run and pass the ball. Good teams take what the defense will give you, good teams will be able to get a 1st down on the run or pass when 3 yards are needed or even just 1 yard. Just because the top 5 teams are passing teams does not mean they cannot run the ball when needed. The 49ers were asking too much of themselfs yesterday in trying to win that game. Too many mistakes, no running game, dropped passes (3 in the EZ) not able to convert on 3rd downs (my goodness 1 for 13 are you kidding me?) crappy play calling, calling wrong plays in key points of the game, ( I have seen this all season long) bad ref calls (your on the road so you expect this) , running out of Time Outs very early in the 1st half, fumbles at key times in the game, crappy field position, and all of this while you are on the road in a division game is just too much to overcome for this team. Too many mistakes by the players, coaches and refs is just too much for this team. They have a lot of work that needs to be done for next season.

[ Edited by 49erJim on Dec 7, 2009 at 17:11:17 ]
i was following the game on my phone via nfl.com and thought it was a glitch when I saw timeouts being used in the 1st quarter.
there are 2 definitions of what a "good team" is

1. is a set of standards that we apply to the other 31 teams
2. is a set of standards that we apply to the Niners

By MY version of the first set. The Niners are not a good team
By MY version of the second set. The Niners are a good team, but just barely even in homeric terms
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i was following the game on my phone via nfl.com and thought it was a glitch when I saw timeouts being used in the 1st quarter.

they used one on the 1st play of the game, it went downhill from there. The highlight was the reverse punt call on the 30 yardline when the 49ers had the Seahawks on their heels. That was some great play calling for you.
I'm telling you Singletary's learning curve is at the expense of the playoffs. Exactly, what was I thinking?
there, I fixed my title.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I'm telling you Singletary's learning curve is at the expense of the playoffs. Exactly, what was I thinking?

that may be true. But this team was not going to do s**t in the playoffs anyway......so I would rather take the lessons learned myself
Share 49ersWebzone