There are 264 users in the forums

Who do you want as PR

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you want as PR

The PR position has been one of great debate this season.

Was it a bad move cutting Rossum (no he was always hurt)
Who should replace him?
Why is Brandon Jones still back there?
Should the 9ers try Crabtree back there?

And the one I ask myself the most, why hasn't Josh Morgan or Jason Hill been given a chance?

oh and a question I have for the zone is didn't Dre Bly used to return punts? If so then why wouldn't he be an obvious choice.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I'd like to give Hill a chance. As for Bly, I don't think it would a smart idea to put him back there and risk losing another CB.
Originally posted by matt49er:

And the one I ask myself the most, why hasn't Josh Morgan or Jason Hill been given a chance?

well..... Morgan dropped a TD earlier this year because "it came down like a punt." so yeah.... let's not put him back there......
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Where is NONE OF THE ABOVE option??!
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

this.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

i'm just asking about the here and now obviously we need to address the PR position long term in the offseason.
  • pwilly
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by matt49er:
The PR position has been one of great debate this season.

Was it a bad move cutting Rossum (no he was always hurt)
Who should replace him?
Why is Brandon Jones still back there?
Should the 9ers try Crabtree back there?

oh and a question I have for the zone is didn't Dre Bly used to return punts? If so then why wouldn't he be an obvious choice.
Definitely not Bly he is our starting CB. I wouldnt mind Hill since he is a back up at receiver.
I selected Reggie Smith, but i think Justin Miller who was recently released from the Jets (missed a meeting i think?) could be a nice addition as KR/PR
hes at clemson right now

Originally posted by HomerJ:
I selected Reggie Smith, but i think Justin Miller who was recently released from the Jets (missed a meeting i think?) could be a nice addition as KR/PR
Honestly why not Nate? Pats use Welker, Eagles use Action Jackson, Ravens still put Ed Reed back there in critical situations, so it's not like other teams don't 'risk' their stars on punt returns.

But for now, Brandon Jones is fine, he seems sure-handed at least. Aside from the bad decision to return it from inside the 5 in his first game, I can't really lay any blame on him since then when there is always a tackler on him as soon as he catches it.
Darren Sproles
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Devin Hester
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Darren Sproles
Noel Devine.

Look at his highlights on YouTube. He's coming out and should be available in the 4th or 4th round.

Runs a 4.31 and is a shifty back like Sproles.
Share 49ersWebzone