There are 123 users in the forums

Delanie Walker

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Pogity:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
The guy was a receiver in college, playing TE in the NFL. He's a mismatch with most linebackers around the league trying to cover him. I say he's almost as good as VD from a receiving standpoint, he just needs more balls thrown his way like some of you already mentioned.

I say he's actually a better receiver than VD. VD would be unstoppable with Dlove's hands and moves.

What say we let VD run a reverse every once in awhile? That would be fun to see.

no

no what?

Delanie is not better than VD, if he was he would be starting.

VD is an all-around TE he can do it all Delanie cant

Before people start crowning Delanie and starting lets trade VD now that his stock his high cuz we have Delanie Walker threads, lets see Walker do this 2-3 games in a row
Originally posted by valrod33:
The guy was a receiver in college, playing TE in the NFL. He's a mismatch with most linebackers around the league trying to cover him. I say he's almost as good as VD from a receiving standpoint, he just needs more balls thrown his way like some of you already mentioned.

I say he's actually a better receiver than VD. VD would be unstoppable with Dlove's hands and moves.

What say we let VD run a reverse every once in awhile? That would be fun to see.

no

no what?

Before people start crowning Delanie and starting lets trade VD now that his stock his high cuz we have Delanie Walker threads, lets see Walker do this 2-3 games in a row

i agree! he's not as great as vernon... but he's good enough to start the other end! hopefully we keep both! he's not the best blocker in the world! but he does have some hands!
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A

no

no what?

Agreed on all of that dude, chill out man. I said he's a better reciever, with better hands and open field moves. I would say the same about Gore too, actually. You can actually read between my lines and tell I have no issues with VD. I understand that TE isn't all about catching passes and juking. If it was, Dlove would be starting though.

I still want to see Vernon run a reverse like 46 gets to.
With teams finding huge success using that "Factor Back" who can play the slot, RB, and return, did we mold Delanie Walker correct?

I mean, we made him gain weight and move to TE yet he isn't a very effective blocker.

He ran a 4.5 forty and can return kicks. Why not have him lose weight so that he can improve his speed and use him similar to a Joshua Cribbs who ran a 4.6 forty.

We need to scrap him at TE, have him lose weight and get down to about 225-230 so that he can effectively use his speed at the slot/KR/and out of the backfield.
Originally posted by cools:
When we play that singleback, 2WR/2TE set, I think the Safteys and LBs have to pay a lot more attention to D'Walker then they do Mo Norris, which opens up all kinds of things, Im sure we will see more of that.

You read my mind: I think we have leverage when we run this set, especially if it's play-action, which should buy our speedy TEs the time needed to get open for short-to-mid gains. This should also open up Gore/Coffee up the middle if we can get our line to consistenty push/make holes.
I guess this is the Walker thread, back from the dead.

Anyway, here's the latest update I could find on Walker's ankle injury: listed as a sprain and at one point the Niners thought he might come back in the second half. So while an ankle sprain is nothing to sniff at, it's not as bad as some of us may have feared.

Link to cbs sports.
Originally posted by alanbeez22:

no

no what?

i agree! he's not as great as vernon... but he's good enough to start the other end! hopefully we keep both! he's not the best blocker in the world! but he does have some hands!
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by alanbeez22:

no

no what?

Yeah. but he's gettin beat for playing time by Byham.
Might want to check the dates on all posts previous to mine, guys. This is a really old thread, but I was under the impression that we are supposed to use the search function before posting. Sorry for any confusion.

My update on Walker's injury today is the only recent post.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Oct 3, 2010 at 7:31 PM ]
Hope he's okay

I hear you, got my fingers crossed it's not the dreaded high ankle sprain.
A fumble waiting to happen. That experiment needs to end along with a lot of others by the end of the season.
I dunno, Gore used to labeled the same thing. You can fix that.
Delaney Walker is back! Wooohooo!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A fumble waiting to happen. That experiment needs to end along with a lot of others by the end of the season.

what if all teams had that mentality..... AP would be out of a job and so would Gore.
Share 49ersWebzone