There are 255 users in the forums

ANYBODY ELSE FRUSTRATED WITH THIS DEFENSE?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by lamontb:
What a surprise folks still making excuses for the defense saying it's all on the offense.

Unfortunately the excuse is a valid one. This Offense had the Packers on the ropes on the FIRST possession and we come away from the Red Zone with 3 points.

Might have well been ZERO points because we run 3rd and an INCH right into the strength of their Defense because WHY???

Because we're a "Power Running Team" and well we just can't allow the Opposing Defense to look foolish. We could have done SEVERAL things on that down. One of which was go to the Spread and Run a bootleg using Alex's strengths.

Instead we run the FB blast and LOSE yardage. You might just as well have told the Defense that you don't believe in your Offense at that point.

Oh and let's get something straight. That Packers Line was straight up holding on just about EVERY down. So let's not get excited about the lack of a Pass Rush.

~Ceadder

I don't think anybody believes in this offense. And they don't have to tell that to the defense they see it on tape every single week. We all know the offense struggles, but that isn't a valid excuse for all of the defenses struggles. some of the struggles yes. Brown's not being able to cover his man, or tackle him isn't the offenses fault. Not getting pressure against the worst o line in the league isn't the offenses fault. Playing lame zone coverages while the quarterback hass all day in the pocket isn't on the offense. Not being able to stop the run when you hae the number 1 run dfense in teh league isn't on the offense. For instance Smith's turnover and Green Bay scoring is not on the defense.
A lot of good points have been made so far on this thread but what I believe it comes down to is this....the Niners don't have enough play makers on defense. Really, only Willis and Justin Smith are consistently making plays for this team....and the other teams know it...and plan accordingly. At the end of the game when a sack or a pick is needed to secure a win, this team is simply incapable of making those key plays.

I agree that the OLBs have both been a disappointment and the secondary is certainly nothing special. The safeties are probably in the lower third at their position in the league. Let's face it....this D is probably a mid-range or slightly worse unit when compared to the rest of the league.

Some people have been calling for McCs gig and I must say that I'm now one of them. Scott has been woeful as far as putting together an OL and he hasn't been much better on D either...unfortunately. Several years ago when Nolan was first hired, the biggest issues on the team were a poor OL and no pass rush.....and they are still! Doesn't speak well of management.
484 total yards given up on defense. Can't pin this lost on Smith. The defense didn't show up. The second half, the Packers weren't trying for much, they just wanted to keep the lead.
when you're f**king offense goes 3 and out for the entire first half, your D can only do so much. Another loss on the coaching staff. poor gameplan.

Another week of the same o' s**t. Too little, too late. When our coaches realize that we are NOT a power running team, we might start competing. Until then, we'll continue to be mediocre.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
No pass rush, bad safety play.

They are who we thought they were.

McClueless has failed this organization.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
when you're f**king offense goes 3 and out for the entire first half, your D can only do so much. Another loss on the coaching staff. poor gameplan.

Another week of the same o' s**t. Too little, too late. When our coaches realize that we are NOT a power running team, we might start competing. Until then, we'll continue to be mediocre.

Yeah, the whole first half was pretty much a waste offensively. We were pretty predictable with the RRPass, waiting for Gore to bust out a good run even when the D had already given up 2 TDs. Passing takes a few to get into a rhythm especially for the QB. I don't think Smith and the WRs ever had that. They only pretty much throw it on 3rd obvious passing downs. Raye totally sucked today.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
nowhere near as frustrating as the offense.

3 and out after 3 and out, i dont care how good your defense is. its gonna break at some point

They certainly broke today. 484 yards; 362 and 23 points in the first half. Yes, they broke and some point today - early and often.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
484 total yards given up on defense. Can't pin this lost on Smith. The defense didn't show up. The second half, the Packers weren't trying for much, they just wanted to keep the lead.
Anyone that isn't frustrated with the defense, obviously wasn't watching the game today.
man i cant wait till we get all the starters back. tko and clements

Share 49ersWebzone