There are 184 users in the forums

4-3?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by stevenking57:
this again
I really don't remember the 4-3 being talked about a lot. Sorry.

this is the 3rd time this season that the "lets switch to the 4-3" has been brought up

46 anyone?
Originally posted by darkknight49:
this again

this is the 3rd time this season that the "lets switch to the 4-3" has been brought up

46 anyone?

we're the 49ers not the 46ers
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=52070

I really do like the way our 3-4 has played this year, but the writer does make some good points about our lack of pass rush from our outside linebackers. I'd love to see McDonald line up at end in the 4-3 and watch him kick some butt. It would be nice to see it used at times as a pass defense. I think Smith would be effective too at end in a 4-3. Balmer and Franklin would be studs in the middle.

this is a really stupid article/idea. the D is ranked #2 in the NFL and is a OLB/S away from being great. let Balmer develope on the bench no need to change the system that Manusky has built. this team needs consistency on both sides of the ball.
Personally, I like the 4-3 better, but this defense is a better fit in the 3-4 with the roster have now. The only thing we need are better pass rushers. I really like Manny Lawson as a player and a person, but let's face it... He has not turned into the player we drafted him to be!
Originally posted by darkknight49:
this again

46 anyone?

we're the 49ers not the 46ers

49 anyone?
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Aren't we one of the best rush defenses in the league? Like 2nd?

I say stick with the 3-4, and get some better pass rushers in the draft.

this, not 2nd but third in the NFL rush defense

and 1st in YPC.
i believe when we show the formation 1-5 prowl (thats what they call it in madden)...i thought it was pretty effective!! more LBs means more speed up front...
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
In Madden, I like to run Punt Block Man sometimes.

Every WR is covered, everyone else just blitzes, and I control the Punt Returner to act like a safety. The QB usually only has about a second to throw. It works most of the time, catches the other guy off guard.

I say we try that.

lmfao
Share 49ersWebzone