There are 251 users in the forums

The Green Bay defense will make A.Rodgers look good again..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Other than their cornerbacks the Packers D is overrated. Look who they've played.

Chicago (4-5)
Cincy (7-2)
St. Louis (1-8)
Minnesota (8-1)
Detroit (1-8)
Cleveland (1-8)
Minnesota (8-1)
Tampa Bay (1-8)
Dallas (6-3)

This is a very winnable game for us. Their O-line is bad--we should be able to get lots of pressure. If we can do that we can slow down Rodgers and maybe get a bunch of picks. They don't have a running game to speak of and we should be able to slow that down pretty good.
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Looking at Rodgers for a long time, I just couldn't put my finger on it until now...

Guaranteed win & you can take that to the bank
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sixbricks:
Guaranteed win & you can take that to the bank

we're still paying fees for the bounced checks after the Titans game.
I say DON'T blitz. We can get pressure with our standard front against that O Line. Keep those solid WRs WELL COVERED.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by ihab:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Woodson with another strip fumble, A Rod with a few dump off screens...touchdown.

An interception by the zoning Green Bay defense with great field position.

A Rod throws a playaction against a now tired niner defense, -touchdown.

Wow, talk about faith for your own team !!
Nah, I just think A.Rod is overrated, and this is coming from a guy that used to copy his Cal Bears throwing arm stance (you know, the one held up high the whole time).

I don't know man, I think Rodgers is really good.
Originally posted by smileyman:
Other than their cornerbacks the Packers D is overrated. Look who they've played.

Chicago (4-5)
Cincy (7-2)
St. Louis (1-8)
Minnesota (8-1)
Detroit (1-8)
Cleveland (1-8)
Minnesota (8-1)
Tampa Bay (1-8)
Dallas (6-3)

This is a very winnable game for us. Their O-line is bad--we should be able to get lots of pressure. If we can do that we can slow down Rodgers and maybe get a bunch of picks. They don't have a running game to speak of and we should be able to slow that down pretty good.

So 4 of their 5 wins are against one win teams. And the other win is against the Bears who we just beat. Good info, did not realize they have played that many weak teams. Out of the 5 teams they beat they have a combined record of 9-37.
Who we've played

Arizona 6-3 (Superbowl hangover)
Seattle 3-6
Minnesota 8-1
St. Louis 1-8
Atlanta Falcons 5-4
Houston Texans 5-4
Indianapolis Colts 9-0
Tennessee Titans 3-6
Chicago Bears 4-5

Ask me after St. Louis and I say we beat them no question, but after watching them just barely scrape out a win versus the Bears coming off a 4 game losing streak...I'm not very confident.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by smileyman:

Chicago (4-5)
Cincy (7-2)
St. Louis (1-8)
Minnesota (8-1)
Detroit (1-8)
Cleveland (1-8)
Minnesota (8-1)
Tampa Bay (1-8)
Dallas (6-3)

So 4 of their 5 wins are against one win teams. And the other win is against the Bears who we just beat. Good info, did not realize they have played that many weak teams. Out of the 5 teams they beat they have a combined record of 9-37.

Tampa's only win was against Green Bay. Packers beat Chicago on the opening weekend, beat three 1-win teams, lost to another team giving them their first win (Tampa Bay), and beat Dallas who decided to only run 14 times during their game.

So they've only beaten one team with a winning record (Dallas).
Share 49ersWebzone