LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 289 users in the forums

The Wilhelm Wonderland

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok ok, so watching the game today, after they took Spikes out this super stud Matt Wilhelm came in and tore Sh*t up. He seemed to always be around the ball and making plays. Now I consider myself a pretty avid Niner fan, and I am constantly on the Zone checking out the happenings. But seriously I have no idea who this guy is, how he got on the team or how the heck he got on the field. Hell I am not even sure he isn't just a figment of my imagination.....Yes I know I could google him and figure some things out, but why do that when I can have you guys tell me stuff.

Either way, here's to you Matt Wilhelm...we are just living in your wonderland. GO NINERS.
For those interested. Here are his vitals. The pride of Oberlin baby! 5 tackles in about one half of play....not too shabby.

Matt Wilhelm

Birth Date February 2, 1981
Birth Place Oberlin, OH
Height 6-4
Weight 245 lbs.
Age 28
Position LB
Experience 7 years
College Ohio State

He was the leading tackler of the National championship Buckeyes team. Has picked off a David Carr pass (but than again who hasn't) in college. 4th round draft pick by the Chargers. Also was signed by the Niners on my birthday.
He has now become my second player on the Niners (behind Brian Jennings) Hell yeah Wilhelm!
He played well.
Originally posted by OX49er253:
For those interested. Here are his vitals. The pride of Oberlin baby! 5 tackles in about one half of play....not too shabby.

Matt Wilhelm

Birth Date February 2, 1981
Birth Place Oberlin, OH
Height 6-4
Weight 245 lbs.
Age 28
Position LB
Experience 7 years
College Ohio State

He was the leading tackler of the National championship Buckeyes team. Has picked off a David Carr pass (but than again who hasn't) in college. 4th round draft pick by the Chargers. Also was signed by the Niners on my birthday.
He has now become my second player on the Niners (behind Brian Jennings) Hell yeah Wilhelm!

Carr was awesome in college, so shut your mouth. Go Bulldogs!
[image deleted due to the possibility of a virus - webmaster]

this guy is full of win

MVP!

[ Edited by Webmaster on Nov 14, 2009 at 12:02:53 ]
Originally posted by OX49er253:
Ok ok, so watching the game today, after they took Spikes out this super stud Matt Wilhelm came in and tore Sh*t up. He seemed to always be around the ball and making plays. Now I consider myself a pretty avid Niner fan, and I am constantly on the Zone checking out the happenings. But seriously I have no idea who this guy is, how he got on the team or how the heck he got on the field. Hell I am not even sure he isn't just a figment of my imagination.....Yes I know I could google him and figure some things out, but why do that when I can have you guys tell me stuff.

Either way, here's to you Matt Wilhelm...we are just living in your wonderland. GO NINERS.

Thats so funny.

For one, I thought it was Chris Wilhelm, and when I first seen him, I was like who is that guy, my girl said I was BSing with her by acting like I didnt know who it was. He was stealing tackles from Willis though
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
I think he had a illegal block penalty on a punt return in the Rams game earlier this year. Other than that - nothing to note. But I guess he's ahead of Scott McKillop on the depth chart.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
He played well. He is a nice pickup.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Like this guy a lot...hope he gets more burn.

Yeah no kidding. He sounds like a Norse warrior or something. I know yall are photoshop wizards. I am sadly computer inept. Can someone making a Norsemen Wilhelm for me? I think the man deserves it.
I wonder how long Spikes will be out. Thank goodness for the long off week.
Here's to you Wilhelm
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Good pickup. Very surprised by his production. Manusky has a knack of developing LBs.

Best coach Nolan ever hired. And that includes Singletary.
He played really solid coming in for Takeo Spikes who is now getting hurt just about every week and starting to show his age.

Anyway, props to Matt Wilhelm
Share 49ersWebzone