There are 277 users in the forums

Strong armed loser vs. the noodle armed winner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
You could argue that Hill has beaten better teams and lost to better teams than Smith has lost to the last two and a half weeks.

Like who?

Cardinals, Seahawks, Vikings, and Atlanta!
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
I will take the "noodle armed winner!" Please! He doesn't WOW you, but he gets the job done!

Because we got W's against Minn, Atl, and Houston....right?
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Pin the loss last week on the defense. They gave up 27 points to the Titans.

People are focused on the turnovers, which is a problem. But....the defense giving up 27 points????

To be fair to the defense the turnovers put them on a few very short fields.

this^
how do people not understand that the 27 pts the defense surrendered 24 of them were off turnovers![/quote

Only one was a pick six , Vince Young had all day, Smith hurt them no doubt but the D was pretty crappy too
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by matt49er:

People are focused on the turnovers, which is a problem. But....the defense giving up 27 points????

this^
how do people not understand that the 27 pts the defense surrendered 24 of them were off turnovers![/quote

Only one was a pick six , Vince Young had all day, Smith hurt them no doubt but the D was pretty crappy too

Only one was a pick 6! LOL that's six points people want our defense to make up instead of the other way around. How many 3 & outs? I thought our defense was suposed to be the s#@!? Now when Smith comes in the defense sucks?
Originally posted by jreff22:
I will take the "noodle armed winner!" Please! He doesn't WOW you, but he gets the job done!

No. Because we got W's against ARIZONA, SEATTLE, and ST LOUIS!

You can't blame the Vikings game on Hill really, and the same with ATL (the defense put us in a huge hole).

Either way, both QB's are not the answer.

Saying he gets the job done by posting a .500 record isn't gong to convince anyone.
For the people saying how Hill is a winner, lets be real, Hill was a winner when he wasnt scouted. In the NFL, DC's feel they need to see 7 full games of you starting before they can really defend you, as soon as teams had the ability to really scout Hill and Gameplan against him they showed how easy it was to shut him down. It doesnt take a NFL defense to shut him down it simply takes any blitz package with the box stacked and you play any type of a zone read coverage on the TE with a bracket over the top and you have shut Shaun Hill down completely. Add to that, that the defense is also tough against the run and you have effectively shutdown our entire offense with Shaun Hill in. That is not an NFL defense, that is something 99% of these pro players ran in college regularly. Pro Players running simple defenses and just getting to completely play at full speed without any thought=trouble. Shaun Hill scares no one and all the fans thinking with their hearts that hate Alex Smith and want him out and want Hill in, you are dooming us to watching another season with an offense like 2007. Bad Slow and run run short pass.

Saying he gets the job done by posting a .500 record isn't gong to convince anyone.

BUT A 0.000 RECORD WILL RIGHT??

Did I say Smith was the lord and savior.......? I think Smith is a better QB then Hill ever could be, but to classify Smith as a "loser" and Hill as a "winner" is a little ridiculous.

Please explain how Shaun Hill will beat the defenses that he is now being presented with? Seeing as they take away exactly what Shaun Hill does? I am interested to hear this from a Shaun Hill supporter
Originally posted by glorydayz:
You could argue that Hill has beaten better teams and lost to better teams than Smith has lost to the last two and a half weeks.

Colts are pretty good.

And, instead of stopping the team to force a field goal, the defense allowed two TD's from outside the red zone.

Of the three turnovers that were not returned for a TD, the Niners gave up 17 points (2 TD's and a field goal). Only one of those drives began inside the 30 yard line.

In other words, they couldn't stop anyone in the second half. Tennessee also scored on an 81 yard drive.

And, instead of stopping the team to force a field goal, the defense allowed two TD's from outside the red zone.

Of the three turnovers that were not returned for a TD, the Niners gave up 17 points (2 TD's and a field goal). Only one of those drives began inside the 30 yard line.

In other words, they couldn't stop anyone in the second half. Tennessee also scored on an 81 yard drive.

Maddog, I would like to start by saying I agree completely, and ask that you as another impartial party here, play devils advocate and tell me what does Shaun Hill offer us when the defenses he is playing are so simple and he misreads them/can't beat them bc they shutdown exactly what he does so easily...what does he really offer us over A. Smith? How does he beat the defenses that Houston and Atlanta presented him? I dont see it, was wondering perhaps if I am missing something.

[ Edited by nvchamp9ers on Nov 12, 2009 at 16:11:09 ]
Gore averaged 5.5 per carry. We would have won as their defense was not very good because we would have passed less.

I still don't know what Jimmy Raye watches during a game. Singletary needs to see the same thing and step in: Be a damn head coach, not a cheerleader.
Share 49ersWebzone