There are 213 users in the forums

Live chat with Matt Barrows now

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
he just told me that he predicts the oc for next yr will be mike johnson

Do we really want to change our OC AGAIN?!?

Yes, its a yearly tradition.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
he just told me that he predicts the oc for next yr will be mike johnson

Do we really want to change our OC AGAIN?!?

Yes, its a yearly tradition.

Its like Chirstmas in February!
  • dj43
Originally posted by JoeO321:
what do u guys think of mike johnson as the oc next year?.... will it be the same system?... if it is, i think im for it.... if we have to learn another system for the 7th year in a row, forget it

Johnson is a digital guy. He would certainly tweak an offense that needs tweaking but would still be the same basic system.

This offense NEEDS some tweaking. It only has three running plays; run over center, run over RG, run over LG. That ain't gittin' it!
Originally posted by dj43:
what do u guys think of mike johnson as the oc next year?.... will it be the same system?... if it is, i think im for it.... if we have to learn another system for the 7th year in a row, forget it

Johnson is a digital guy. He would certainly tweak an offense that needs tweaking but would still be the same basic system.

This offense NEEDS some tweaking. It only has three running plays; run over center, run over RG, run over LG. That ain't gittin' it!

Johnson seesm to have revived alex's mechanics and hopefully his career.
  • dj43
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by dj43:

Johnson seesm to have revived alex's mechanics and hopefully his career.
Right. He has completely re-built his mechanics.

Johnson is proving my long-held rag about the importance of position coaches in pro football. Everyone here, well, almost everyone here, had given up on Alex Smith. Now we see many of the very things we ragged about the most about Alex and turning into strengths. That is what a good coach does - he makes a player better.

I would not be surprised if Johnson does not start to get some "air time" in game plan decisions soon. Of course, we won't know if he does but this offense needs an enema - clean things out and get it going.
I hope Norv Turner gets fired and we rehire him. We need a playcaller in the same system with imagination.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I hope Norv Turner gets fired and we rehire him. We need a playcaller in the same system with imagination.

I think people are being way too critical of Raye.

F*** me once, shame on you . . .

I think people are being way too critical of Raye.

raye is simply oc trash. either bring back norv or see what mike johnson can do and hope he isnt learning too much from raye

why? he'll just be chomping at the bit to get another HC job. then what do we do?

you hire poc-face and you will most likely lose johnson. then, when poc-face takes another HC job, it's 2007 all over again.

Originally posted by Digger25:

why? he'll just be chomping at the bit to get another HC job. then what do we do?

you hire poc-face and you will most likely lose johnson. then, when poc-face takes another HC job, it's 2007 all over again.

Yeah that's what i'm thinking as well. Turner will be a HC coaching candidate for years to come.

-9fA
Originally posted by Method:
Quote:
[Comment From George in SFGeorge in SF: ]
Is it just me, or when the offense was more pass first late in the game the run game seemed to pick up

mbarrows:
George --
Not just you. Frank Gore insists that the running game picked up after the 49ers went to the spread ...

Hmm....

Wow very interesting indeed.
Share 49ersWebzone