Our defense versus Chris Johnson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by teeohh:
the stat I want to see of his: 0 TDs
  • mrbadd1
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by mrbadd1:
I don't care about stats or C. Johnson at this point we just have to win. The 49ers CAN'T lose this game, period!

I'm pretty sure if you want to win this game period, you need to care about Chris Johnson and the stats he puts up next Sunday.

The only stat I care about is the W, we shut down A. Peterson and lost. At 3-4 and a 3 game losing streak all that matters is the W!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I don't care about stats or C. Johnson at this point we just have to win. The 49ers CAN'T lose this game, period!

I'm pretty sure if you want to win this game period, you need to care about Chris Johnson and the stats he puts up next Sunday.

The only stat I care about is the W, we shut down A. Peterson and lost. At 3-4 and a 3 game losing streak all that matters is the W!

I agree that a win is the most important stat, but Chris Johnson is their main and only real weapon. The Vikings are an all around team with talent all over the place, we held Peterson to 85 yards but they have Favre to throw for over 300. The Titans don't have Favre, so if we can hold Johnson to 85 yards, we have a much better chance of getting that elusive win you are talking about.
No excuse not to win this one.

Chances are the Titan Message boards aren't asking about how they will stop Gore....WHY? Cause they already Know!!!!! Frank's going wild next Sunday

I concur mrbadd.. Stats are somewhat important to watch, but in the end, the most important line of all is the W. Plus, he had a monster game against Houston, yet they lost..
Johnson is the only consistent weapon they have and the Titans pass defense is one of the worst in the league. Wonder if the old Leopards (Raye and Singletary) can change their stripes in one week?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Johnson is the only consistent weapon they have and the Titans pass defense is one of the worst in the league. Wonder if the old Leopards (Raye and Singletary) can change their stripes in one week?

Ah...no.
This should be a good match up, but I like our chances.
How to slow down Chris Johnson? Having the d-line play good gap control and Willis running sideline to sideline. Also maintaining drives on offense always helps.

Originally posted by teeohh:
the stat I want to see of his: 0 TDs

That could happen regardless of the D stopping him or not. Lendale White may get the bulk of the redzone carries.
  • B650
  • Veteran
How to stop Chris Johnson? Tennessee is ranked dead last in pass defense, and 8th in rush defense.

Put Smith in there and spread them all out. Shock and Awe them to death with an all-out assault. I want Smith to have 400 yards passing and 5 TDs. Crabtree, Morgan, and Davis all should go over 100 yards. f**k running the ball. I want us to look like the 1994 49ers. The best defense is a good offense.
Originally posted by B650:
How to stop Chris Johnson? Tennessee is ranked dead last in pass defense, and 8th in rush defense.

Put Smith in there and spread them all out. Shock and Awe them to death with an all-out assault. I want Smith to have 400 yards passing and 5 TDs. Crabtree, Morgan, and Davis all should go over 100 yards. f**k running the ball. I want us to look like the 1994 49ers. The best defense is a good offense.

We actually have the firepower to do it but I need Gore in my fantasy so he needs 2 get the rock lol
So are you guys saying I should bench Johnson on my fantasy team?
If we can stop A.P., then we can stop C.J., but we'd better not take that for granted. We need this one. Lookin' forward to P. Willy layin' the smack down on C.J. and V.Y...
Share 49ersWebzone