There are 237 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree= Michael Irvin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
He reminds me of John Taylor..

Yeah the strong hands reminded me of Taylor, but Taylor got those hips not sure Crabtree have--don't want to explain any further
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Something about that comparison pisses me off.

I didn't see him push off any DB's to get separation. He will have to learn to get away with that before he can become like Irvin:)
Originally posted by BHulman:

I didn't see him push off any DB's to get separation. He will have to learn to get away with that before he can become like Irvin:)

Look at one of the highlites. He did push off I think on an out, the announcer even mentioned it and reference Irvin Crabtree's a quick learner I guess
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
He reminds me of John Taylor..

Yeah the strong hands reminded me of Taylor, but Taylor got those hips not sure Crabtree have--don't want to explain any further

I'm with u guys.. He reminds me of John taylor too but a lot of our "fans" know the name but don't have a clue what he looked or played like
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by BHulman:

Look at one of the highlites. He did push off I think on an out, the announcer even mentioned it and reference Irvin Crabtree's a quick learner I guess

He had that DB turned around anyway; didn't need to push off.
  • Socal49erFan
  • Info N/A
Reminds me of the 2nd most prolific receiver of all time! Who? Chris Carter. Mr. Hands himself. Chris Carter was all hands and arms like Crabtree is. We are going to see some sick one handed grabs real soon.

Chris Carter should have been a 1st ballot HOF. What the hell is Art Monk doing there instead of Chris Carter, 2nd to Jerry Rice in almost all categories before retiring.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
He looks like a young Michael Irvin out there, the way he catches the football and has a similar build (6'2" 215pds, long arms) and he takes long strides like Irvin and like Irvin I think Crabtree will be a "playmaker" I actually think he will even be a better player than Irvin which is saying a lot but I just think this kid is going to be a special, special player. I can't say enough on how I was amazed at how he played yesterday, 2 1/2 weeks after signing. The Texans franchise cornerback Dunta Robinson said the same thing.

I know what you're sayin', but I disagree.

Michael looks like no one else, not even Irvin. He's doesn't have his brash or disrespect. Instead, Crabtree displayed the work ethic that touted and contradicted what was being said. He showed all wrong. Those beautiful and vice-grip hands! Yes, sir. That is a whole different class so much so I would equate it if not exceed it compared to Fitz's.

Yea, I have another pitcher of that grape Kool-Aid!

There is no frickin' way that a WR rook does as well as Michael unless you were busting you butt to make up for lost time. (Aside: That is why I hate Sanders for minimizing Camp as much as he could because he wants to tout MC's abilities.) He continued to be Smith's outlet on 3rd down.

That my folks deserves its own paragraph. Crabtree jumped in and quietly made first downs. I did notice as most of you.

The difference between Irvin and Crabtee, a HOF induction and character!

I sure hope and pray that MC doesn't fall prey to Irvin's demons...
[ Edited by ninertico on Oct 26, 2009 at 7:38 PM ]
reminds me of Steve Largent
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Michael Crabtree is a crackhead now?!
  • B650
  • Veteran
He'll be here for a long time and score many touchdowns for us.

Now it's actually real.

Originally posted by B650:
He'll be here for a long time and score many touchdowns for us.

Now it's actually real.

Valrod will be very happy you said this.

Originally posted by Socal49erFan:
Reminds me of the 2nd most prolific receiver of all time! Who? Chris Carter. Mr. Hands himself. Chris Carter was all hands and arms like Crabtree is. We are going to see some sick one handed grabs real soon.

Chris Carter should have been a 1st ballot HOF. What the hell is Art Monk doing there instead of Chris Carter, 2nd to Jerry Rice in almost all categories before retiring.

I compared him to Cris Carter coming out of college. Both have excellent hands but the body control and hand eye cordination and also in the red zone reminded me of Cris Carter when watching Crabtree.

Okay lets just say Crabtree is a cross between Michael Irvin, Cris Carter, Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson and Brandon Marshall but at the end of the day he is Michael Crabtree and two or three years from now you are going to be hearing top WR's coming out of the draft compared to Michael Crabtree!
I've watched that 2nd half of the game several times, paying close attention to Crabs. In the next few games, he's gonna remind us of few other people because what we saw yesterday was only the tip of the ice berg. He is really gonna blow our minds in several of the next up coming games. As he gets more comfortable and knowledgeable , his yards after the catch and play making ability will be as disruptive as an bull in a china shop.

I can't wait.
[ Edited by ObePwnD on Oct 26, 2009 at 8:27 PM ]
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I want to see him sent deep
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Could you have compared him to anyone else but Irvin? First the guy is one of the few ex-players I would like to punch in the face, he has an ego the size of Texas
and he was a Cowboy, enough said.
Share 49ersWebzone