LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 192 users in the forums

49ers add Crabs... So which WR gets cut?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers add Crabs... So which WR gets cut?

cut spurlock or roman noodles , a win win situation for us
Not my choice, I would cut Spurlock, but I think Hill is in the doghouse, he seldom see's any action. Spurlock gets on the field more often so the coaches must like him. Besides keeping Spurlock means we can cut Rossum and add another RB, or SS if we need to.
Ka-BUMP!
If Crabs is good, I think the niners go with 4 recievers and load up on OL and runningbacks. I think they need 2 extra linemen and another runningback and fullback. IMO good extra linemen is what saves many teams from going down the drain when s**t injuries hit and as the niners are going with 2 tightends I think a guy like Brit Miller would really help and I really feel they need 3 good backs to make it thru the year.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Place your bets fellas. Which WR gets dropped from the 53-man roster?

A few notes...

• I decided that the rest of the team is safe, though my original thought was to include OLB Marques Harris, DT Demetric Evans, DT Ricky-Jean Francois, OT Barry Simms, & S Curtis Taylor. I see no reason for the 49ers to keep SEVEN wide receivers active on the team plus Ziegler on the practice squad. We just don't pass that much.

• I also think WR Arnaz Battle is safe (MD, I'm looking at you), but I have included him here for the sake of argument.

• Personally, I would hate for WR Jason Hill to get cut.

And... go!

what do you mean they don't pass much? I'm tired of hearing this. Check the stats.
106 passes by Shaun Hill and 103 rushes by Frank Gore, Glenn Coffee and Moran Norris.

[ Edited by insanemike27 on Oct 8, 2009 at 05:25:06 ]
A WR has to be cut, the 49ers simply can't keep 7 WR's on the roster, when 6 is too many for this offense.

As far as I know the only one with PS eligibility is Spurlock, so maybe they release him and resign him if he clears. Even that is iffy because Zeigler is on the PS. He was inactive for the last game, which surprised me since they also sat Rossum. I would have expected Spurlock to be the #2 KR.

Maybe they release Battle, I doubt it though, he has proven to be very resilient

Maybe they release Hill, he seems to have been in the doghouse for most of the preseason and wasn't activated for the first 3 games.

So unless something unexpected happens, like a trade or a sudden retirement (Bruce) it will be either; Spurlock, Battle or Hill..

My Guess.... Spurlock is the odd man out.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
A WR has to be cut, the 49ers simply can't keep 7 WR's on the roster, when 6 is too many for this offense.

As far as I know the only one with PS eligibility is Spurlock, so maybe they release him and resign him if he clears. Even that is iffy because Zeigler is on the PS. He was inactive for the last game, which surprised me since they also sat Rossum. I would have expected Spurlock to be the #2 KR.

Maybe they release Battle, I doubt it though, he has proven to be very resilient

Maybe they release Hill, he seems to have been in the doghouse for most of the preseason and wasn't activated for the first 3 games.

So unless something unexpected happens, like a trade or a sudden retirement (Bruce) it will be either; Spurlock, Battle or Hill..

Didn't know Spurlock was P-squad eligible, good points all around, I think you are right, Spurlock to the curb!
they should cut Rossum and keep Spurlock...try Spurlock at punt/kickoff return, he may have more success than Rossum.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Place your bets fellas. Which WR gets dropped from the 53-man roster?

A few notes...

• I decided that the rest of the team is safe, though my original thought was to include OLB Marques Harris, DT Demetric Evans, DT Ricky-Jean Francois, OT Barry Simms, & S Curtis Taylor. I see no reason for the 49ers to keep SEVEN wide receivers active on the team plus Ziegler on the practice squad. We just don't pass that much.

• I also think WR Arnaz Battle is safe (MD, I'm looking at you), but I have included him here for the sake of argument.

• Personally, I would hate for WR Jason Hill to get cut.

And... go!

what do you mean they don't pass much? I'm tired of hearing this. Check the stats.
106 passes by Shaun Hill and 103 rushes by Frank Gore, Glenn Coffee and Moran Norris.

I can't confirm this, but I think we still run more than most teams in the league. I don't think it's a 50/50 split anymore because this is a passing league now.

I do like the balance that our offense displayed last game, but we're having so much trouble running the ball!
Spurlock=worst player on the 9ers team, at least the most useless with B.Jones and Crabs we def don't need this guy

Originally posted by matt49er:
Spurlock=worst player on the 9ers team, at least the most useless with B.Jones and Crabs we def don't need this guy

Dude Barry Sims is terrible
This is really a no brainer is there any doubt spurlock will get cut? theyve always known crabtree was coming eventually and spurlock is far and away the odd man out
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Didn't know Spurlock was P-squad eligible, good points all around, I think you are right, Spurlock to the curb!

I can't find the link, but Im pretty certain MM reported that Spurlock was not PS eligible. But who cares? He's not worth keeping around for the sake of continuity in the Taser package.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

I can't find the link, but Im pretty certain MM reported that Spurlock was not PS eligible. But who cares? He's not worth keeping around for the sake of continuity in the Taser package.

But the taser looked so elegent, so smooth, so... . No, it sucked.
Trade Hill. He's never going to be more than our 4th receiver. Get something for him now.
Share 49ersWebzone