LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 166 users in the forums

Huge Win in terms of Signing next years 1st Rounders...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Originally posted by zozell:
Originally posted by NinerFaninIndy83:
oh ya and what is the Panthers record? Arent they struggling so far - havent got to watch to much this year - hate work

They'll have a worse record than us...

It could possibly be a top 15-20 pick or better, unless they fix whatever the hell is wrong with Dellhomme and their D.

Can't fix decline due to age.
This is a HUGE windfall victory for us. If we crumbled and broke the slotting system... we would have had 2 1st rounders next year to deal with.

Not that they would have held out, but who's to say their agents wouldn't use what happened this year's crabtree impasse as an example?

The fact that they were able to get crabtree in, show continued open arms acceptance almost prodigal son like, and NOT pay him outrages will show our future 1st rounders that we will not give in to a hold out.

We have acted fairly, ethically, and classy and this will be HUGE for anyone trying to step all over us.... We are NO LONGER THE DOORMAT OF THE NFL... Next season our high picks will sign, knowing they won't get anywhere with us. Singletary will be able to attract high profile free agents... Yes... our futures looking bright!

I'm so proud of the organization right now. This horrible situation was handled perfectly and you are correct to point out that it will have long term benefits for the team.
oh ya and what is the Panthers record? Arent they struggling so far - havent got to watch to much this year - hate work

WoW!!!!
u must be working in a dungeon if u dont know whats going on around the league.
Panthers are 0-3 and headed for a miserable season.

Happy-Happy, Joy-Joy.

It is important for all of NFL that the 49ers played this the right way. Busting up the traditional slotting salary scheme would create a big mess for a lot of teams.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
This is a HUGE windfall victory for us. If we crumbled and broke the slotting system... we would have had 2 1st rounders next year to deal with.

Not that they would have held out, but who's to say their agents wouldn't use what happened this year's crabtree impasse as an example?

The fact that they were able to get crabtree in, show continued open arms acceptance almost prodigal son like, and NOT pay him outrages will show our future 1st rounders that we will not give in to a hold out.

We have acted fairly, ethically, and classy and this will be HUGE for anyone trying to step all over us.... We are NO LONGER THE DOORMAT OF THE NFL... Next season our high picks will sign, knowing they won't get anywhere with us. Singletary will be able to attract high profile free agents... Yes... our futures looking bright!

I'm so proud of the organization right now. This horrible situation was handled perfectly and you are correct to point out that it will have long term benefits for the team.

Right on man... I truly think that this is a turning point for our organization... There were alot of intances that could be looked at as turning points like the Firing of Nolan, The Hiring of Coach Sing, The taking over of Jed York... but to me I think the handling of Crabtree was the 1 single instance that will regain our "Street Cred" and respect that we once had from the rest of the league and national audience...
Originally posted by tohara3:
I'm loving what Jed York has done for this team! We are gonna get two more good players next year, especially with the Panthers pick.

Gotta say I agree. Although he's a young owner,He as well as some others are making it known they are willing to invest into the future of the NINERS. Even if some of us might not like all the decisions the ownership makes. Had a chance to meet him during the dallas game last year. He signed autographs for some of the fans. He seems pretty cool for the most part.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TRAVELER_9ER:
I'm loving what Jed York has done for this team! We are gonna get two more good players next year, especially with the Panthers pick.

Gotta say I agree. Although he's a young owner,He as well as some others are making it known they are willing to invest into the future of the NINERS. Even if some of us might not like all the decisions the ownership makes. Had a chance to meet him during the dallas game last year. He signed autographs for some of the fans. He seems pretty cool for the most part.

This is the last time our season ends in December.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by TRAVELER_9ER:

This is the last time our season ends in December.

He was right....last game this season vs. Rams is January 3rd

YES! I am so glad we kept our position and not only got a deal done but a 6 year deal done that is heavy on incentives and ones we can void if he holds out etc.

Next year we NEED to draft a min of 2 OL within the 1st 2 rounds of the draft. Unless of course we add quality lineman via FA

Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford to Michael Crabtree Josh Morgan and Vernon Davis are you kidding me, we're back! Haha loving it baby.

http://www.nfl.com/standings
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Who knows, maybe a jets pick too....

Agreed, im hoping second rounder.
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Next year or the following year if we do a good job in the draft. A Super Bowl appearance seems very likely! We finally have a bright future! It's about f'n time!

Hopefully we sign a few free agents too.

Heck yeah! It feels good to be winners again! I might be jumping the gun on this team, I don't care. They don't call us faithful for nothing.

Yep! I jumped the gun! My head hurts today. Just when I thought there was hope, the falcons come to town.
Share 49ersWebzone