LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 139 users in the forums

Who is to blame for 49ers loss to Vikings?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is to blame for 49ers loss to Vikings?

The Vikings

Favre pulled a rabbit from the hat.
Raye made the right call by running the ball 3 times. Get rid of the TOs and make them drive the ball 80 yards. No one complained when we did that against Arizona. The difference is we stopped Warner.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Calling off the blitzes was a good idea.....but regardless of what you do, you can't shut down Favre everytime.

If you do blitz him though....he'll easily pick you apart.

Not saying you don't blitz, but you develop a rhythm to your playcalling and bring it when and from where Favre least expects it. That's a tough thing to do....I thought we did a good job overall still. We put the clamps on their offense for most of the game. We gave up two offensive TDs to them.

Also....sometimes your best defense is some good possession/ball control offense. That's why the ultimate blame for them goes on Raye and his little ultimate wussout on the second to last possession.
[ Edited by kray28 on Sep 27, 2009 at 3:05 PM ]
  • nooj
  • Veteran
I'm sorry but this is Raye all day.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
The Vikings

Favre pulled a rabbit from the hat.
Raye made the right call by running the ball 3 times. Get rid of the TOs and make them drive the ball 80 yards. No one complained when we did that against Arizona. The difference is we stopped Warner.

People did complain.
I agree there were alot of things the team could have done different. Mark Roman really needs to be replaced by Reggie Smith or somebody. I'm just tired of this guy give up big plays when all he has to do is make a play on the ball. He NEVER does.
You have three guys around Lewis and no one could stop that? Pathetic.
  • fanoe
  • Info N/A
offense inability to run out clock + prevent defense = heartbreaking loss
[ Edited by fanoe on Sep 27, 2009 at 3:09 PM ]
I said before and will say it again the play calling, Ray or sing who is calling the run run run and give back the ball don't know !
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
Dennis Erickson
Yeah its Raye's fault. We lose our best player on offense and Raye manages to squeeze 2 TD's out in the second half on the road against a top 5 defense and it's his fault. You guys a f**king ridiculous.

You win as a team, you lose as a team. Can't point the finger at one person or unit.
Mark Roman. Yeah Raye sucked it up, but DESPITE his awful play calling, we were 2 seconds away from winning.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
Calling off the blitzes was a good idea.....but regardless of what you do, you can't shut down Favre everytime.

If you do blitz him though....he'll easily pick you apart.

Not saying you don't blitz, but you develop a rhythm to your playcalling and bring it when and from where Favre least expects it. That's a tough thing to do....I thought we did a good job overall still. We put the clamps on their offense for most of the game. We gave up two offensive TDs to them.

Also....sometimes your best defense is some good possession/ball control offense. That's why the ultimate blame for them goes on Raye and his little ultimate wussout on the second to last possession.

The ultimate blame doesn't lie with him. Ummm, maybe the o-line should block worth a f**k not just on the second to last possession, but the rest of the game as well.

Where was the blitz when we needed it? If they have to throw a 39 yd bomb then you blitz them and make sure they dont have the time to throw to the endzone. You dont just let a guy with 41 4th qrt comeback just sit back there and pass. They would have never gotten the TD if we would have blitzed em.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Sometimes you need to be lucky to be good and on this day that was Favre. Sh!t happens, it's how you deal with it that defines a champion.

Well put bzborow. This was a hard played game. The 9ers were not at their best but played hard and got a tough loss. How the team responds to this loss will dictate the rest of our season. I got a good feeling about where we are going and how the team is starting to play.
This game got me pumped!
I'm Mike Hunt
Share 49ersWebzone