LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 142 users in the forums

Who will have more Rushing yards this week A Peterson or F Gore

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will have more Rushing yards this week A Peterson or F Gore

Let's be real.

We are playing in their home opener and the first time we get the ball, the fans will be screaming their living guts out. Hill and his OL are going to have to be able to come up with some type of signal system to allow them to communicate in such a loud environment. They get that system down and run it well on Sunday, Gore will out gain Peterson by a significant amount.

That amount depends on just how much the OL can translate their first reads into success for Gore or Hill. As much I have been a die hard Alex Smith fan, Hill made me believe that his leadership skill coupled with his innate ability to sense the D makes him the perfect candidate to lead us to the promise land. Why not?

However, the QB position is not at question here, but the "bell cows" for both teams. Gore? Peterson? Ah, the suspense can be cut like a knife through cold butter. Still, we have to get the crowd out of the game by executing and most importantly, finishing!

This is our first mini playoff game and we have to finish and not keep Favre in the game with second and third chances.

Let's see if we can...the NFL's eyes are watching very closely on this one.

Originally posted by ninertico:
Let's be real.

We are playing in their home opener and the first time we get the ball, the fans will be screaming their living guts out. Hill and his OL are going to have to be able to come up with some type of signal system to allow them to communicate in such a loud environment. They get that system down and run it well on Sunday, Gore will out gain Peterson by a significant amount.

That amount depends on just how much the OL can translate their first reads into success for Gore or Hill. As much I have been a die hard Alex Smith fan, Hill made me believe that his leadership skill coupled with his innate ability to sense the D makes him the perfect candidate to lead us to the promise land. Why not?

However, the QB position is not at question here, but the "bell cows" for both teams. Gore? Peterson? Ah, the suspense can be cut like a knife through cold butter.
Quote:
Still, we have to get the crowd out of the game by executing and most importantly, finishing!
This is our first mini playoff game and we have to finish and not keep Favre in the game with second and third chances.

completely agree on the road to get out to a fast start and quiet the crowd would be huge. Plus the Viking have started both there games very slow trailing at half time in both of games thus far.
I good lead early is exactly what we need it

Go Niners can't wait till sunday
[ Edited by 9erfreak on Sep 22, 2009 at 10:27 PM ]
Originally posted by ninertico:
Let's be real.

However, the QB position is not at question here, but the "bell cows" for both teams. Gore? Peterson? Ah, the suspense can be cut like a knife through cold butter. Still, we have to get the crowd out of the game by executing and most importantly, finishing!

If we win this game than look out NFL
I don't care about individual accolades, I just want our team to get the W.
Originally posted by King49er:
If we win this game than look out NFL

If we win, NFL WILL take notice....

• ZWhite135
  • Info N/A
ill be at the game! im pumped to see Gore rage on the vikes
Many Zoners kept on thinking about Peterson performance 2 years ago when we played them in which he only gained 14 yards on us and thinking that they will see a repeat on performance in which I doubt he will only gained 14 yards. Well the last time we played them Peterson is just a rookie and got a useless QB. He improved much over the years and now considered the best back in the nfl. On the other side our Defense are also improved in comparison in the past. Willis is also considered as the best MLB in the NFL and our D is on the top 10 in the league so this will be a pretty match up but my realistic expectation is that we will not contained peterson to just 14 yards but I believed our D will do enough to win us the game.
With our D, I voted Gore
On the ground, Gore.

But, I'm more worried about us making mental mistakes and tackling poor on little dump-offs and screens to A.P., Chester, and Percy. For some reason, I have a bad feeling that all three of those guys're gonna have at least one good catch'n'run outta the backfield...

Originally posted by A9R4Life:
How many Yards did we hold AP to the last time we played????
I'm pretty sure we held him to 30-40yds.... Does anyone have
those stats???

I voted Gore...

I think AP had like 18 yds. To bad Chester "the molester" Taylor burned us for over a hundred

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm gonna say Peterson. Viqueen's are at home and the refs will turn their heads on a holding call here and there.
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
Originally posted by A9R4Life:
How many Yards did we hold AP to the last time we played????
I'm pretty sure we held him to 30-40yds.... Does anyone have
those stats???

I voted Gore...

I think AP had like 18 yds. To bad Chester "the molester" Taylor burned us for over a hundred

3. He had 3 yards. On 14 carries. Worst game of his career. It was because of two players: Patrick Willis and Nate Clements. Clements is a beast in run support. Other DB's get tossed to the ground. Clements takes the runner down.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Gonna be a great game, but I think this game is going to come down to which quarterback can make the most plays in the passing game.

I dare Brett Favre's interception prone ass to throw the ball
I voted Peterson because I don't think we have improved enough in our Run Blocking. Take away The two big runs and we only averaged 3.34 yrds per carry.
  • anamvar
  • Info N/A
lets not forgert the vikings HAVE THE BEST DLINE in the NFL, with 2 monster DT and a MONSTER DE.. Gores played aginst the Vikes twice and has been shut down each time...

im worried about Joe Staley going aginst Jared Allen..
Share 49ersWebzone