There are 255 users in the forums

Defense Statistics so far

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Luca:
I am looking forward for our defense next challenge.

This is going to be a great challenge to stop the running game & try to pressure Favre into some turnovers!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
assign P.Willy to Peterson all day. Harvin will also be a factor.

Good'ol Nate will shut him down!
Originally posted by Esco:
So far so good. Our running defense will get it's toughest assignment of the season this Sunday, we will see how legit we are after that.

True. I think it's a blessing in disguise that we are facing AP early in the season...if any glaring holes, we'll have enough time to fix(hopefully).
At least that's one positive way of looking at things.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Bring on the Saints!!!!!!!!!

Yes bring em on.

We'll slowly dink, dunk and prod our way down the field 15 plays at a time while chewing off 7 minutes of the clock on each drive.

Brees can have a seat on the bench.

-9fA
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Originally posted by Esco:
So far so good. Our running defense will get it's toughest assignment of the season this Sunday, we will see how legit we are after that.

True. I think it's a blessing in disguise that we are facing AP early in the season...if any glaring holes, we'll have enough time to fix(hopefully).
At least that's one positive way of looking at things.

Also, the last time we faced Peterson and the Vikings, the Niners shutdown Peterson, they just had trouble with Chester Taylor and that may be because of Nolan's Big nickel, non-functional defensive scheme, since alot of Chester Taylor's big runs came on third down situations...Now the Niners are have a much better scheme under Manusky, simplified and agressive and the big thing, assignment sound, meaning everyone understands there responsiblities and executes it well.

And I'm not worried about Favre. IMHO Favre at this point in his career is equivilent to Tavares Jackson right now, they're going to take chances and they're going to be careless with the ball...and the way that our secondary is playing and the D as a whole forcing Turnovers, we have a real good shot at dominating this game...it will all come down to the O-Line IMO
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Yes bring em on.

We'll slowly dink, dunk and prod our way down the field 15 plays at a time while chewing off 7 minutes of the clock on each drive.

Brees can have a seat on the bench.

-9fA

aye AUS, you're finally coming around I see
Only stat I care about is how many W's we have
I want to know how many catches and yards we've given up to WRs
  • Antix
  • Veteran
The Minnesota game is huge fellas.

This will be an awesome REAL test for this team. The Cards nor the Seahwaks are capable of replicating the physicality of Minnesota. What makes it the more exciting is that it's the same type of physicality that we ourselves are striving to play with.

A W on the road, versus a tough, playoff contender, in their home opener will allow me to believe that we have a playoff squad. All we have to do from that point is get better each week.

Stop AP, let the old man try to beat you.
I think we're 4th against the run and 21st against the pass because of the offenses we've faced so far. We were better against the run last year too, but neither Seattle or AZ are particularly good at running the ball. I believe we are good against the run, but just how good is still a bit of a mystery.

I do love what I've seen so far, though. We're playing fast, flying to the ball. I think we might be close to fielding an elite defense.
Originally posted by Overkill:
I think we're 4th against the run and 21st against the pass because of the offenses we've faced so far. We were better against the run last year too, but neither Seattle or AZ are particularly good at running the ball. I believe we are good against the run, but just how good is still a bit of a mystery.

I do love what I've seen so far, though. We're playing fast, flying to the ball. I think we might be close to fielding an elite defense.

I completely agree, we are not far from becoming an elite defense. The players are beginning to believe & make plays.
One of my favorite stats, Pass Def 18 and tied for 2nd. Only 1 team better.
Originally posted by Antix:
The Minnesota game is huge fellas.

This will be an awesome REAL test for this team. The Cards nor the Seahwaks are capable of replicating the physicality of Minnesota. What makes it the more exciting is that it's the same type of physicality that we ourselves are striving to play with.

A W on the road, versus a tough, playoff contender, in their home opener will allow me to believe that we have a playoff squad. All we have to do from that point is get better each week.

well we already that agiant the NFC champs. and dont give the the SB hangover crap cuz thats all it is.
Share 49ersWebzone