LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 576 users in the forums

Starting 49er QB and the Pumpfake

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Pump fake is for the weak. Montana moved the defense with his eyes.
haha. I hope Hill has enough time to throw the ball on a three step drop. Having the time for a pump fake would be gravy.
^^ Yeah i just hope Hill has enough time to throw the ball.

-9fA
Hill does not need a "pumpfake". His rainbow floater balls are fake enough.
It is a good tool...used in moderation. It really helps if you are a threat to go deep though.
He pump fakes in practice.

or starting to anyway.

It's awful though.

It looks like one of those bullies who try to make you flinch -fake-punch type of deals.
  • Tyler82
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BigRon:
As long as he can hold onto the ball while doing the pump fake.

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by rigs49:
After watching Ben Roethlisberger pump fake the Titans into submission Shaun Hill should pump fake the sh*t out of football against the Carnales. Shaun Hill should and will use a lot of Pump Fakes. He will have the safeties, corners and Arizona coaches biting on all Pump Fakes. You may laugh, but you watch.

I think you listened to the announcers too much in that game.

Chris overstated the effectiveness of the pump fake in that game.
Hill does not have a "pumpfake". But Hill does have the only "noodle arm" in NFL.

I think his "noodle arm" fake's out defensive backs, because he is the only Q.B. I know who can "float" a wobbling rainbow right over the D.B. head.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by rigs49:
After watching Ben Roethlisberger pump fake the Titans into submission Shaun Hill should pump fake the sh*t out of football against the Carnales. Shaun Hill should and will use a lot of Pump Fakes. He will have the safeties, corners and Arizona coaches biting on all Pump Fakes. You may laugh, but you watch.

Maybe his hands are not big enough to be doing those hard pump fakes.

some one was taking chris collinsworth's commentary to heart. I hate that guy he would not stfu about that pump fake. Plus big ben can do it because he loves to extend plays and can extend plays, hill will not have the time to do it most likely all of the time especially given his mobility isnt one of his strong suits.
GO SHAUN HILL BABY!!! JUST WIN IT
Originally posted by BigMar:
Hill does not need a "pumpfake". His rainbow floater balls are fake enough.

weez gotta sack Warner.

stop posting seriously, you fail.
Hill's release is too slow for this to work. Big Ben throws the ball with his body in the most awkward positions while Hill needs a wide stance and a long backswing to throw an accurate pass.
The pump fake is just another tool, it is not what makes Big Ben great.

Big Ben is a fantastic quarterback, who breaks tackles, moves around in the pocket and keeps plays alive like no other.

Hill does OK in the pocket, but there is no comparison.

We need to cut Hill some slack. He is no Roethlisberger.
Share 49ersWebzone