LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 147 users in the forums

Gore and Coffee: The San Francisco 49ers NEW Dynamic Duo!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PTulini:
Forget all other nicknames that you've heard for the Frank Gore and Glen Coffee combination. ("Frank and Beans" ) I really think I have come up with the perfect nickname! How about...

"Hurricane and Typhoon"

or... "The Natural Disasters"

[ Edited by PTulini on Aug 23, 2009 at 8:22 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerLunatic:
Both Gore and Coffee's running styles are somewhat similar. They're hard nosed lower the shoulder and plow type of guys. I feel like if Sheets makes the squad it will be a nice change of pace. Nice pics BTW

~NinerLunatic

That's right baby, the mustard, mayo, and luncheon meat...........This backfield could indeed be something special.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Considering who we got at QB i say we just run every down
Between Frank Gore and Glen Coffee, How do you guys think their carries will be split during a game?
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Considering who we got at QB i say we just run every down

The Crimson Stampede.
Between Frank Gore and Glen Coffee, How do you guys think their carries will be split during a game?

i think that itll be like 70/30. i think that if gore gets 20-25 carries then coffee gets like 8-10. that might not exactly be 70/30 i dunno. but i feel like if coffee is still impressive in the regular season theres no reason to exhaust gore. keep him fresh in case were able to make a playoff push.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The best comparison I could come up with for Coffee:

Forget all other nicknames that you've heard for the Frank Gore and Glen Coffee combination. ("Frank and Beans" ) I really think I have come up with the perfect nickname! How about...

"Hurricane and Typhoon"

Hurricane and High Tide
I know this has nothing to do with the Monster Duo that will be Gore and Coffee, but did anyone else see the block Britt Miller layed for Micheal Robinson it was a thing of beauty, i can only imagine how our run game will be if these three really jell in the next couple of years!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d81214ada/Pre-WK-2-Michael-Robinson-highlights

Fast forward to around 23 seconds and watch Miller lay that block!
RB coach Tom Rathman deserves major credit here. He has done a hell of a job getting Coffee NFL ready.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
RB coach Tom Rathman deserves major credit here. He has done a hell of a job getting Coffee NFL ready.

I'll second that!

they both have VERY similar running styles. So basically we'll have a fresh Gore out there for 4 quarters!
I'd like to see Gore and Coffee in the backfield at the same time.
We've got RBs with FB mentality and toughness. I think in part to Rathman. Would like to see how Coffee's pass catching ability. Haven't able to see much of that so far. Nice to see former Niners player make good as coach for us
  • NickV
  • Veteran

"Hurricane and Typhoon"

or... "The Natural Disasters"

That's actually a really bad ass nickname! The best one I have seen actually since I joined the WZ.

Share 49ersWebzone