There are 226 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Feel bad Frank isnt going to get the ring he deserves.

should've had at least one with us, but stupid fkn baalke had to ruin it.
Man I thought I would get a break from our s**tshow and get to watch Frank run wild in that offense. Instead the Colts have been maybe a bigger disaster than us because they actually had expectations and a franchise QB. He never gets the ball when it matters either. f**king Colts.
If Frank was here, he'd be shedding tears in interviews like he was in 2005. I've never seen a player that not only wants to win more than Frank, but that actually cares so much about the legacy of the 49ers' franchise. I'll never get over how this cheap ass FO let him go.
You reap what you sow, Frank
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
If Frank was here, he'd be shedding tears in interviews like he was in 2005. I've never seen a player that not only wants to win more than Frank, but that actually cares so much about the legacy of the 49ers' franchise. I'll never get over how this cheap ass FO let him go.

He certainly wouldn't be happy about losing like a lot of our players appear to be after games. One additional thing Baalke F'd up here...he drained this team of veteran leadership and in the process the mentality on this team has gotten soft.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

He certainly wouldn't be happy about losing like a lot of our players appear to be after games. One additional thing Baalke F'd up here...he drained this team of veteran leadership and in the process the mentality on this team has gotten soft.

Yup, I agree. That's also why I was hoping that Boldin would be back, even if he wasn't going to be that productive, because this team is very lacking in veteran leadership, especially since Bowman was hurt.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

you are out of your mind
Alex Boone had some stuff to say about Frankie G. Thanks google cache for the article

"Frankie G, he's an animal – I love him," Boone said. "He's the hardest worker I've ever met. He put his time in more than anybody. It was important for him to understand the details – the protections. He was an all-down back with us (in San Francisco). A lot of times you see backs come out on third down and they bring somebody else in. He was one of those guys who had to be out there all the time. When he was in the huddle, he made all of us accountable, just like he expected to us to make him accountable. He knew what the O-line was doing. He knew all the calls. He was one of those guys who became great because he worked so hard at it."

But, as Gore was entering the final year of his contract in 2014 at the age of 31, San Francisco used a second-round pick on running back Carlos Hyde. When the season was done, 49ers general manager Trent Baalke informed Gore that he wouldn't be getting a contract offer and that his 49ers career was over. Boone was stunned.

He hadn't missed a game in four years, had rushed 1,071 times for 4,659 yards in that span and was a focal point of the 49ers and a workhorse at a time when workhorse running backs were being phased out.

Gore wasn't ready to hang up his cleats and he was shocked by the news. Boone took it hard because he couldn't understand what the front office could possibly be thinking.

"I was really pissed when I heard about it," Boone said. "I was openly pissed. I hate when people say that a G.M. thinks a guy is old when that guy is playing and producing so well for you. What makes you think he's going to drop all of the sudden? He's Frank. Everybody knew what Frank was about. He's the hardest worker. If you couldn't get the job done blocking for him, he'd find a way to do it. He just knew how to get things done and you loved him for that."

Gore was willing to negotiate a new contract that would call for less money, but the 49ers weren't interested. They thought they had their man in Hyde and were ready to move on, which didn't sit well with a lot of the 49ers' veterans.

"When he told me that they said they weren't bringing him back, I couldn't believe it," Boone said. "They wanted Carlos to be the guy and that's fine. But, why not bring him back and see what happens? Nobody would have outworked him. That's for sure. I was upset about it, but it's the league, it's a business, I get it."
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:EzI2YdjIkVEJ:www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/1737929-boone-beware-the-gore+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

you are out of your mind

He's right you know.
Originally posted by znk916:
Alex Boone had some stuff to say about Frankie G. Thanks google cache for the article

"Frankie G, he's an animal – I love him," Boone said. "He's the hardest worker I've ever met. He put his time in more than anybody. It was important for him to understand the details – the protections. He was an all-down back with us (in San Francisco). A lot of times you see backs come out on third down and they bring somebody else in. He was one of those guys who had to be out there all the time. When he was in the huddle, he made all of us accountable, just like he expected to us to make him accountable. He knew what the O-line was doing. He knew all the calls. He was one of those guys who became great because he worked so hard at it."

But, as Gore was entering the final year of his contract in 2014 at the age of 31, San Francisco used a second-round pick on running back Carlos Hyde. When the season was done, 49ers general manager Trent Baalke informed Gore that he wouldn't be getting a contract offer and that his 49ers career was over. Boone was stunned.

He hadn't missed a game in four years, had rushed 1,071 times for 4,659 yards in that span and was a focal point of the 49ers and a workhorse at a time when workhorse running backs were being phased out.

Gore wasn't ready to hang up his cleats and he was shocked by the news. Boone took it hard because he couldn't understand what the front office could possibly be thinking.

"I was really pissed when I heard about it," Boone said. "I was openly pissed. I hate when people say that a G.M. thinks a guy is old when that guy is playing and producing so well for you. What makes you think he's going to drop all of the sudden? He's Frank. Everybody knew what Frank was about. He's the hardest worker. If you couldn't get the job done blocking for him, he'd find a way to do it. He just knew how to get things done and you loved him for that."

Gore was willing to negotiate a new contract that would call for less money, but the 49ers weren't interested. They thought they had their man in Hyde and were ready to move on, which didn't sit well with a lot of the 49ers' veterans.

"When he told me that they said they weren't bringing him back, I couldn't believe it," Boone said. "They wanted Carlos to be the guy and that's fine. But, why not bring him back and see what happens? Nobody would have outworked him. That's for sure. I was upset about it, but it's the league, it's a business, I get it."
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:EzI2YdjIkVEJ:www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/1737929-boone-beware-the-gore+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Havent seen that one before.. Damn that's really irritating especially to one of our all time greats who wants to help turn this around or at least help mentor the youngsters on how to be a Pro. I just hate this management on how it handled some of our vets.

Baalke was calling for those questionable pass plays at the end of the super bowl?

Baalke was calling for those questionable pass plays at the end of the Super bowl?
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

Baalke was calling for those questionable pass plays at the end of the Super bowl?

Bingo!
Frank Gore, GM
Share 49ersWebzone