LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 157 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Running good so far. 8 carries 34 yards
Just passed Marcus Allen on all-time rushing list
Originally posted by Gore_21:
3 yards for 12th, 6 yards for 11th all time. If he can get to 9th with 67 more today than the next milestone is over 400 more for 8th and Tony Dorsett. There is a good chance Peterson will pass him so it would be nice if he gets to at least 9th so he ends up 10th all time and hopefully in the hall of fame. I dont see any RB's in the future knocking him down past 10th then because it seems the running game is being phased out and there arent many RB's like Peterson or Gore who can be the workhorse for 10+ years. Guys are always hurt, split carries or even if they are the workhorse are done in 3-5 years.

Got to see the run for 11th all time. Too bad no mention of him passing Allen and James in 1 carry from CBS commentary. Not like they don't have time to mention it. Hopefully they say something if he gets 21 more yards and gets to 10th all time over Faulk.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
3 yards for 12th, 6 yards for 11th all time. If he can get to 9th with 67 more today than the next milestone is over 400 more for 8th and Tony Dorsett. There is a good chance Peterson will pass him so it would be nice if he gets to at least 9th so he ends up 10th all time and hopefully in the hall of fame. I dont see any RB's in the future knocking him down past 10th then because it seems the running game is being phased out and there arent many RB's like Peterson or Gore who can be the workhorse for 10+ years. Guys are always hurt, split carries or even if they are the workhorse are done in 3-5 years.

Got to see the run for 11th all time. Too bad no mention of him passing Allen and James in 1 carry from CBS commentary. Not like they don't have time to mention it. Hopefully they say something if he gets 21 more yards and gets to 10th all time over Faulk.

I thought I heard them say it

I've seen them pull up the his place on the all time list twice. Including after he passed james
Originally posted by crabman82:
I've seen them pull up the his place on the all time list twice. Including after he passed james

Ok, thanks for the reply guys. I must have missed it. Glad they did that. I think it's a big milestone once he reaches the top 10 and then 9 because like I said minus Peterson you won't probably see any more rb's climb this high ever again. We are closer to arena ball than we are going back to the 50s style nfl.
20 more to beat Faulk for 10th All Time
53 more to beat Brown for 9th All Time
I think he'll be around 13k at seasons end. I also think he'll play until he's no longer offered a contract. Not unrealistic to think he can end up around 14k and top 5ish
I wish he could beat the all time record.

He'll always be my favorite 49er player. Sucks to see him on the Colts, but I'm glad he's still producing. I think if he plays another year he can end up 7th on the all time list. I think he'll end up 8th though

Originally posted by saniner:

He'll always be my favorite 49er player. Sucks to see him on the Colts, but I'm glad he's still producing. I think if he plays another year he can end up 7th on the all time list. I think he'll end up 8th though

Would HAVE to be a Hall of Famer at that point. Every rusher in the top 10 is a Hall of Famer, why not him?
Originally posted by saniner:

He's only 1400 yards behind Tomlinson for 5th. If he plays next year it's very doable.
Congrats to Frank Gore
Next up Canton. He only needs 19 more yards to surpass Jim Brown for #9 on the all time rushing list.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Frank the Tank...I remember the last time we were bad he was the only guy worth rooting for. Should still be here and should have retired a Niner on his way to the HOF...FU Baalke.
Share 49ersWebzone