LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 181 users in the forums

ESPN's Clayton thinks SF will be 3rd in NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
What a buncha bulls**t,the shehawks are as bad as than they were last year,we have improved(fired Nolan and Martz the moron).

we did nothin really to improve this offseason,and a martz system is better for crabtree because he ran the spread offense with the red raiders so our run first offense won't really benefit our first round pick. marvel smith for jonas jennings is about gettin the same player really. brandon jones ? give me a break. seahawks had both starting WRs out last year and Hasslebeck and still kicked our ass on our home turf. they gettin TJ housh, Deon branch , Hasslebeck and now Curry , they would have easily won the NFC west last year if they stayed healthy and i dont see us having a better record than zona. im not being a downer i really hope we win the superbowl every year but being realistic here. i see it ending like this

1. Seahawks 10-6
2. Arizona 9-7
3. 49ers 8-8
4. Rams 4-12

U got it brotha and you said it perfectly. Being realistic, and thats what a lot of fans in here are not. We have made a lot of improvement, but so have other teams in our division. So like steve young said to go from 2 to 7 or 2 to 8 wins can happen, but to go from 7 or 8 to 10 isnt as easy as WE as fans make it to be. So like you say, we will be better, but i think we're at least a year away from any serious playoff talk, looking at the team as a whole, not just the offense or defense individually.
Yes the seahawks will be better but housh doesnt scare me. we held fitz and bokdin in check when we play the cards you tellin me we can't hold housh in check. Arizona will be good but they got hot in playoffs and were only 2 yards away from being a 500 team.
The rams have a way to go, so i believe it will be a tight race with us the seachickens and the tards.

you got to remember though the strenght of schedule was alot harder the first half than the second half. first half we play NY giants in NY , we had the eagles seahawks in seattle and a few others, we didnt even play the rams the first half the season and that like a sure win for any team which we faced twice the second half. second half is kind of odd because you guys are giving sing credit against a weaker second half with facing rams twice detroit lions ny jets at home redskins at home , only tough one was arizona in zona which we almost won but it was a easier second half.

ARI 9-7
SEA 4-12
DET 0-16
NO 8-8
NE 11-5
PHI 9-6
NYG 12-4

AVG WIN 7.5

Sea - mid week coach change - I would like to disclude this.

ARI 9-7
STL 2-14
DAL 9-7
BUF 7-9
NYJ 9-7
MIA 11-5
STL 2-14
WASH 8-8

AVG WIN - 7.1

So take that as you will, it's the nfl and every week takes alot of effort to win no matter you the opponent
Clayton's comments sound about right given where we're at in the season and the fact that Seattle and Arizona have more talent than us on paper. Clayton is pretty sharp. But that's why you play the games. I don't think Clayton or anyone expected much from Atlanta or Miami last year and they had great seasons. If the 9ers are going to win the division, they'll have earned it.
we don't even know who our starting QB is...and our OC is who again?
Originally posted by Shorteous:

you got to remember though the strenght of schedule was alot harder the first half than the second half. first half we play NY giants in NY , we had the eagles seahawks in seattle and a few others, we didnt even play the rams the first half the season and that like a sure win for any team which we faced twice the second half. second half is kind of odd because you guys are giving sing credit against a weaker second half with facing rams twice detroit lions ny jets at home redskins at home , only tough one was arizona in zona which we almost won but it was a easier second half.

ARI 9-7
SEA 4-12
DET 0-16
NO 8-8
NE 11-5
PHI 9-6
NYG 12-4

AVG WIN 7.5

Sea - mid week coach change - I would like to disclude this.

ARI 9-7
STL 2-14
DAL 9-7
BUF 7-9
NYJ 9-7
MIA 11-5
STL 2-14
WASH 8-8

AVG WIN - 7.1

So take that as you will, it's the nfl and every week takes alot of effort to win no matter you the opponent

my mistake lol, well i will say we did play better when sing took over though, maybe nolan's show was starting to get old and not working, like jed york said the team just needed a change, and yes any given sunday any team can win, even detroit, just look at the dolphins last year. oh 2003 seems so long ago;;
everyone is talking about ohhh ya i expect them to be ranked 3rd in our division... what kind of fans are you guys? it's a whole new year and we have new leadership that ended great last year! everyone thinks we're 3rd cause everyone else upgraded... well we didn't really need to upgrade that much but we needed to tweak the system we ran. if you think about it. the two league games we lost that were so important were against the arizona cardinals. and we didn't lose by much! I'D LIKE TO SAY TO ALL OUR NINER FANS WHO REALLY THINK WE'LL END 3RD... GO BE A SEAHAWK FAN OR A RAMS FAN OR A CARDINALS FAN! CAUSE I EXPECT THE NINERS TO BE 1ST IN OUR DIVISION!
I don't care what any of these idiots say especially Strong Hand.

Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
I don't care what any of these idiots say especially Strong Hand.

• Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:
BOOOOOO

F**king Booooo!

eh i agree. seahawks to me are the best in the west they were just injured last season then i got cards second and us third. especaily considering we got a new offense coordinator again which i still think is NOT an upgrade over martz.

Seahawks are going to need Hasselback to hold up; that seems like a big "if" at this stage of his career.
Im sorry, but I have to disagree. Clayton doesn't even take into account, our Defense that will be much better than 13th next year. All we need is 10 wins and we're in, especially in our division. Why is everyone forgetting that we should have at least split with the Tards last year. I dont think we took a step back talent wise, if anything, we got better!!! We just have to wait. I like being the underdog!!!
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on May 19, 2009 at 2:34 PM ]
Alot of these posters who predict the seaturds will bounce back strong are overlooking their team's personnel. The posters say, they are healthy this time, etc... Guess what, these players have a history of being injured. They are aging and some of these posters make it seem like their injuries are freak occurences. Look at players like Deon Branch, Engram, Burleson, Walter Jones, Kearney and now Hasselbeck. These guys are rarely healthy so why should we expect them to be healthy this year all of a sudden?
Every team has injuries including the niners. I don't see anyone saying, our starting QB and starting OT has been out 2 years in a row. Other teams/fans don't give a s**t.
[ Edited by kronik on May 19, 2009 at 2:49 PM ]
rather be an underdog than that "sleeper team" we are alot
Share 49ersWebzone