LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 372 users in the forums

Evans Just SIGNED CONTRACT with the 49ers!!! (Updated)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If we do this signing, I won't be doing any cartwheels or backflips anytime soon.
alot of potential and burst
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by TX9R:
I just have one question... who the f*ck is Demetric Evans?

You don't play Madden?

He's a 295 lb DE

Played for Washington

hes actuall 285 big difference for a DE
we have no closing power on any of these f/a....

this is so lame. we had the cardinals linchpin to success, as well as what could have become the difference in winning the division or not next year. we had him in our building, and we didnt just write the check. why would you bother flying a guy up here, and then letting him go?? what, you thought you could offer a little bit more than the cards and win him over? i would have been like "29 mil? done. just sign here. you can fly out of here, but not unsigned"
Originally posted by Niners99:

this is so lame. we had the cardinals linchpin to success, as well as what could have become the difference in winning the division or not next year. we had him in our building, and we didnt just write the check. why would you bother flying a guy up here, and then letting him go?? what, you thought you could offer a little bit more than the cards and win him over? i would have been like "29 mil? done. just sign here. you can fly out of here, but not unsigned"

Are you talking about Evans?

you can't force a guy to sign a contract. All you can do is make your best offer and hope he accepts it. You can't blame 49ers brass for Warner not signing a deal. He obviously prefers to be in Arizona.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
can we stop looking at DEs and start looking for Nose tackles and Right tackles?

Thank you.

It's often overlooked but a solid Offense can contribute on the other side of the ball even when they are not on the field.

Case in point the '99 Rams. They were not all that an a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos, Defensively. But that Offense was so potent that the Defense fed off it mentally.

Yeah the Defense could use some help but our worst unit is by far and away our Offense. I'm sick of seeing nothing done to rectify that problem on the Line.

~Ceadder

We are planning to draft A. Smith so no worries. (my theory)
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
can we stop looking at DEs and start looking for Nose tackles and Right tackles?

Thank you.

It's often overlooked but a solid Offense can contribute on the other side of the ball even when they are not on the field.

Case in point the '99 Rams. They were not all that an a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos, Defensively. But that Offense was so potent that the Defense fed off it mentally.

Yeah the Defense could use some help but our worst unit is by far and away our Offense. I'm sick of seeing nothing done to rectify that problem on the Line.

~Ceadder

They were a fluke. If you look over the last 30 years, teams with the better defenses win. Even the great Niner teams had very, very good defenses.
Evans is being brought in for depth. Not as a starter.
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:

Hey alright ANOTHER depth signing....

When are we going to see some starters getting signed?

Originally posted by 49123:

When you stop whining about it.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Well I guess we're not signing any starters this offseason...
Originally posted by Dem9erboyz:
who?? Bring in another backup from another team and expect him to be a starter with us! This is how McD*ck thinks! This is a disappointing off season so far! We still have jonas as our RT. How many games u guys think he would be good for? 3??

what a joke!!

Yo Noob Saibot, have you ever heard of depth?
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I'm trying to be patient about it, but I'm beginning to wonder...
Originally posted by MrAdrenaline:

you can't force a guy to sign a contract. All you can do is make your best offer and hope he accepts it. You can't blame 49ers brass for Warner not signing a deal. He obviously prefers to be in Arizona.

You don't work in sales.
Share 49ersWebzone