There are 222 users in the forums

Sam Williams, DE, Ole Miss

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by irishluder:
I agree, I think Sam will be there at our 3rd round pick, If Bonnito and Marcus Jones are gone I'd be good with Sam, if other safer players are still there I'd push it till the early 4th we have and see if he still is avail. He'll need a strong NFL vet to keep him on a good path, but I really hope Sam makes his son proud and elevates himself as a player and a man.

I'm just not sold on Bonnito. I like Jones more and more. Williams is for sure intriguing with our late 3rd or one of those comps.

You draft Jones for being an elite ST returner but i think we filled returner need in FA i. dont think Marcus Jones will be in play at 3rd round for us
Originally posted by ritz126:
You draft Jones for being an elite ST returner but i think we filled returner need in FA i. dont think Marcus Jones will be in play at 3rd round for us

Depends on if the draft will be more like PFF or the NFL network. If it's PFF you will have to take him with 61. If it's the NFL network he will be there in RD 3. It's weird how their rankings are so different from eachother. I think PFF has Jones ranked at 91 and The NFL network has him at 186. Sam Williams is ranked at 49 and the NFLN has him at 131.

I think Jones could be a nickel DB just as well.

I think Jones could be a nickel DB just as well.

He's one of the extremely rare prospects where I won't immediately discount curiosity to play him on all three sides of the ball. Developmental NCB, return man, and Richie James roll on offense.

Like I said before, kids mess up and some truly learn from it, most don't, most say they want to be the best or dominant but dont put in the work... I think Sam Williams might be one of the few that takes responsibility for his past and powers through to be a good man and player, I wouldn't be mad if we took him with one of our first 2 picks. He needs a strong leader, maybe that could be Trent Williams or Ronnie Lott to help him navigate his first few years in the league to keep him grounded and hungry for greatness but regardless where he goes I really hope he does well in the league and life.
I think this is the guy I want
Share 49ersWebzone