There are 223 users in the forums

Cam Jurgens C/G Nebraska

Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Yeah I'm not sure how you would rank this kid, Strange, Donovan West, and Zach Tom.

Those seem to be the best center prospects available when we pick.

Is Parham projected as a C? I know he was snapping the ball doing drills at the combine

Yes Parham can play C and I like his athleticism a lot but I don't think he can anchor that well compared Jurgens or West. He seemed to get folded backwards often at the Senior Bowl from the reps I saw.
listening to Dane Brugler today and he thinks the center class is pretty deep. He brought up Jurgens and while there's a ton of upside he's a developmental center prospect not a year 1 starter. His athletic ability and getting to the second level is elite. His POA is not where it needs to be at the NFL level. He needs to get stronger (300lbs soaking wet). He's strictly a ZB IOL which also drops him.

He thinks he's a late 3rd talent but doesn't have him in his top 100.
i would take him at 93 if he's there. let him learn and get stronger in year 1 and put on about 10-15 pounds of muscle. Then when Mack retires in 23 we'll be set at center
Originally posted by NYniner85:
listening to Dane Brugler today and he thinks the center class is pretty deep. He brought up Jurgens and while there's a ton of upside he's a developmental center prospect not a year 1 starter. His athletic ability and getting to the second level is elite. His POA is not where it needs to be at the NFL level. He needs to get stronger (300lbs soaking wet). He's strictly a ZB IOL which also drops him.

Would love to pick him up on freaking day 3!
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Would love to pick him up on freaking day 3!

Same. Might have to move up in the 3rd but that's fine we're not drafting 9 guys
Share 49ersWebzone