There are 236 users in the forums

Cole Strange-OG/OT-UT-Chattanooga

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Intriguing player for sure, but lacks some positional flexibility. Looks like strictly a guard prospect. Just one game at center. Turns 24 before start of season. Not sure if we don't value someone with more proven center versatility or with RT potential.

He's a day 3 prospect that can play all the IOL positions. He played center at the senior bowl and didn't look out of place at all. No one drafting him should expect a day 1 starter at center. Let him groom behind Mack.

Listen to him on a Pod the other day, he's super smart, got a nasty streak, and pretty athletic. That's what I want in my center.

I just wish we drafted my boy Meinerz last offseason. Strange looks decent with his hands and leverage but how much of an upgrade is he to Burnskil currently?
Looks good. what was his bench at the combine. Only concern I would have is overall strength
[ Edited by lamontb on Mar 28, 2022 at 9:17 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Looks good. what was his bench at the combine. Only concern I would have is overall strength

31 as shown in the tweet above
Originally posted by lamontb:

He does lack a little strength which is why I think center is best for him. However, I think he can definitely add more strength to his frame and can overcome that easily. But even now, he does a good job at anchoring. The strongest guys will get push but he doesnt let them disengage. What i love most about him is his nastiness. He wants to hit guys and has a mean streak. I think he would provide a boost to our run game. Can see him competing for one of the guard spots this year and taking over at Center next year.
Historically, Kyle has required veteran OCs who can lead his highly complex offense. IF he drafts a rookie OC, I believe they're going to have to have:

1) elite measurable
2) extensive experience playing center

I have a hard time believing Kyle will take on a conversion project if he wants them ready to back up the OC spot this year.
Originally posted by Butter:
Historically, Kyle has required veteran OCs who can lead his highly complex offense. IF he drafts a rookie OC, I believe they're going to have to have:

1) elite measurable
2) extensive experience playing center

I have a hard time believing Kyle will take on a conversion project if he wants them ready to back up the OC spot this year.

I think the mental side of playing the position is important to Kyle. I don't think the center needs elite measurables, he can't be fat and slow but doesn't have to be Jason Kelce either.

There's a lot of guys that fit the bill in this draft. One guy I like is Luke Fortner. Smart as s**t and 3 yr starter that's played all 3 interior positions. His measurables aren't elite but they aren't bottom tier either. Could be had around the late 3rd from what I've seen.
Share 49ersWebzone