There are 219 users in the forums

2022 Right Tackle Prospects

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I think Abraham Lucas is being underappreciated, or at least, under represented. I'd be very surprised, tho, if we draft a RT with any intention of them competing for the starting job.

He passes the eye test that's for sure

6-6 332lbs 10.4" hands 34.6" arms and 81.4" wing span.

From what I've seen (which isn't a ton just yet) he faired well vs some top edge rushers. We all know it's about the run game for Kyle, how's he at RBLK?
His name is Jaylon Moore.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Has to come into camp much much improved. He struggled a bit and if you can't beat out that garbage turnstile Tom Compton you need work, he was a rookie so he has time. I hope he's the answer because nothing pisses me off more than taking oline early unless it's a guarantee plug and play not some bs wasted pick in the 2nd like Banks. That 2nd rd pick would've been useful on the field this year
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Feb 1, 2022 at 8:14 AM ]
Kirkland is needing surgery and withdrew his name from the draft. We'll see if he's allowed to return to school and build his stock back up by proving he's healthy after surgery
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

I thought Moore was ear-marked for future LG?
OT Jean Delance, Florida 6'4 294, RS Senior, former 5 star recruit
Draft range: Mid/Late day 3 pick

Just saw this article, says we talked with him at the Shrine Game about RT:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/jean-delance-nfl-draft-interview
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by irishluder:
OT Jean Delance, Florida 6'4 294, RS Senior, former 5 star recruit
Draft range: Mid/Late day 3 pick

Just saw this article, says we talked with him at the Shrine Game about RT:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/jean-delance-nfl-draft-interview

Jean Delance and Tyler Vrabel are two guys I would like to consider being our starting RT in 2023 once McGlinchey's contract is up
I like Max Mitchell in 5th and Abraham Lucas in the 2nd. Max is a good sleeper who can prove to be a steal. He just needs to bulk up his frame, but he would be great at a zbs. Abraham is a very safe plug and play kind of guy. I think we could make that pick and be fully confident that he would start at RT day 1. I just really hope we can find a way to trade McGlinchey. That extra $10M would do wonders for our cap situation. I hope McDaniels was a big McGlinchey fan and is willing to take him off our hands. They got a s**t ton of cap space over there and McDaniel will probably be looking to run alot in MIA given that Tua is very limited and he was our run coordinator.
Obinna Eze OT TCU

It doesn't take long to see that Eze has great potential. The TCU OT stands at around 6'8", 334 pounds, with an impressive build. He has an extremely long, high-hipped frame with tremendous reach and a strong, densely-built base. His upper body is a bit leaner than his lower body, but Eze's length affords him a great deal of natural leverage.

Some tackles with Eze's size don't have the requisite mobility to succeed, but Eze doesn't fall into that trap. The TCU OT has great quickness off the snap and the mobility to be a pulling blocker on running plays. He's also flashed smooth lateral mobility and freedom heading into the second level. Furthermore, Eze has good corrective athleticism. He can engage inside, then shift to outside rushers as plays develop.

-Ian Cummings

6'8", 334 pounds and has mobility to pull? I need to check this guy out more
I'd be hitting up Saleh. Rumblings about jets not being sold on Mekhi Becton. Not sure how much there is to these rumors, but I wonder if they'd take a trade for MM straight up. Let Becton work with TWill

We've drafted OL every year the last 4 years and will probably do it again (as we should until we get it right). Couple of high picks, a few low picks.

Actually hitting on the pick and developing them seems to be the stumbling block.
Rasheed Walker out of PSU
I'd be hitting up Saleh. Rumblings about jets not being sold on Mekhi Becton. Not sure how much there is to these rumors, but I wonder if they'd take a trade for MM straight up. Let Becton work with TWill

Really? I thought Becton was really good?
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Really? I thought Becton was really good?

Without looking too far into it, I think he was underperforming in his second year and then got hurt. Rumblings about keeping his weight down being an issue during his rehab, and the Jets coaching staff telling his replacement that it's going to be his job to lose going into next year

Trade him for McGlinchey
Share 49ersWebzone