LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 197 users in the forums

Day Two Wishlist?

Later round CBs-

https://theathletic.com/2547198/2021/04/30/2021-nfl-draft-best-available-for-san-francisco-49ers-quinn-meinerz-asante-samuel-jr-amari-rodgers-updated-big-board/

CB Paulson Adebo, Stanford

Longtime DB coach Duane Akina, who developed plenty of NFL talent during previous jobs at Arizona and Texas, has produced yet another legitimate pro at Stanford. The 6-1 Adebo best projects as a press-man corner. His 4.44 speed is certainly exciting and indicative of a program evolution that he helped spearhead at Stanford.

CB Benjamin St-Juste, Minnesota

We don't yet know where new 49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans stands on the philosophical spectrum. Will he want the classic, tall, Seattle-style prototype to man the corner position? If yes, the 6-3 St-Juste is a tailor-made press-man corner, at least physically. He's still a raw talent who struggles to find the ball, but St-Juste's height and good speed might offer great value in the fourth or fifth rounds.
I'm hoping for Rondale Moore and Sermon. Load up on offense. We could use a stud at RB and some high level talent at WR for depth.
  • Mr711
Meinerz And Elijah Molden
We just invested 3 first round picks in Trey Lance. It's time to stop playing games by trying to protect our QB's with scrap heap leftovers especially on the inside. Get a linemen, preferably one that will play guard at first and could eventually either shift out to tackle or take over at center when Mack hangs it up. McGlinchey has one more season to prove he is the guy at RT otherwise we move on.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Later round CBs-

https://theathletic.com/2547198/2021/04/30/2021-nfl-draft-best-available-for-san-francisco-49ers-quinn-meinerz-asante-samuel-jr-amari-rodgers-updated-big-board/

CB Paulson Adebo, Stanford

Longtime DB coach Duane Akina, who developed plenty of NFL talent during previous jobs at Arizona and Texas, has produced yet another legitimate pro at Stanford. The 6-1 Adebo best projects as a press-man corner. His 4.44 speed is certainly exciting and indicative of a program evolution that he helped spearhead at Stanford.

CB Benjamin St-Juste, Minnesota

We don't yet know where new 49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans stands on the philosophical spectrum. Will he want the classic, tall, Seattle-style prototype to man the corner position? If yes, the 6-3 St-Juste is a tailor-made press-man corner, at least physically. He's still a raw talent who struggles to find the ball, but St-Juste's height and good speed might offer great value in the fourth or fifth rounds.

Tay Gowan could be interesting as well after r3
Originally posted by strickac:
I'm hoping for Rondale Moore and Sermon. Load up on offense. We could use a stud at RB and some high level talent at WR for depth.

I think they need better OL play even more. At WR they're looking at Deebo, Aiyuk, Travis Benjamin, Hurd(lol...you never know), Jennings, Sanu, Richie James, Trent Sherfield. They could add a Shi Smith in the 4th and be fine there.

I'd like to see another stud player up front and hopefully a guy that can be developed as Mack's future replacement. Protect Jimmy to allow him to play well and get the maximum compensation possible in return for him at the end of the season.
Originally posted by Chez:
Originally posted by jcs:
Oline, Oline, Oline

Maybe Alabama C Landon Dickerson?

Everyone loves the player but hates the injury history. Season ending injury after season ending injury in college. If he didn't have medical red flags he might have gone Top 20.

oh, so hes definitely gonna be a 9er

Nah. Baalke surely has him in his sights. Just think it took him over 8 minutes to make the first pick which he had all these months to be ready for. I bet he was getting jittery trying to find a valid ACL dude for the first pick but lucked out.
Radunz. Don't know if he can play guard but this draft is all about reunions and college teammates so let's keep it going
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
At 43 there are a ton of guys I like
WR Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore
TE Brevin Jordan
OL Teven Jenkins
EDGE Azeez Ojulari, Joseph Ossai
LB JOK
CB Asante Samuel Jr
S Trevon Moehrig
IOL, CB or Playmaker. Wouldn't be mad if we traded back once from #43 for an extra 3rd/4th rounder.

I think they need better OL play even more. At WR they're looking at Deebo, Aiyuk, Travis Benjamin, Hurd(lol...you never know), Jennings, Sanu, Richie James, Trent Sherfield. They could add a Shi Smith in the 4th and be fine there.

I'd like to see another stud player up front and hopefully a guy that can be developed as Mack's future replacement. Protect Jimmy to allow him to play well and get the maximum compensation possible in return for him at the end of the season.

We threw the Brinks at Trent, opted for McG's 5th year, brought in Mack (3 yr deal), and have our starting Gs. I don't exactly disagree with you, but Kyle doesn't seem to prioritize guards.

I'm glad you mentioned Benjamin. I think he could be a huge contributor for us, but I see him on the outside for us. The slot is a need and Moore is electric. Plus, he excels at the jet sweep and can play outside, if injuries arise.
Originally posted by gored49:
Radunz. Don't know if he can play guard but this draft is all about reunions and college teammates so let's keep it going

I think he'd work in better at guard than tackle honestly. And yeah the chemistry angle is nice. He was protecting Lance's blindside in college
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Would love a guard
Originally posted by strickac:
We threw the Brinks at Trent, opted for McG's 5th year, brought in Mack (3 yr deal), and have our starting Gs. I don't exactly disagree with you, but Kyle doesn't seem to prioritize guards.

I'm glad you mentioned Benjamin. I think he could be a huge contributor for us, but I see him on the outside for us. The slot is a need and Moore is electric. Plus, he excels at the jet sweep and can play outside, if injuries arise.

But he does prioritize centers and Mack isn't a spring chicken. The 49ers were in contact with Meinerz during the draft process, he's someone that could not only be your center of the future, but you could start him out at guard as rookie and have him contributing immediately.
Think we need OL help more but Ojulari....might be the twitchiest/most explosive of the pass rushers I've seen. Tough to pass his talent up.
Share 49ersWebzone