Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Want:
Wilson/Field/Lance

Get:
Jones

Yep, agree.
Mac Jones
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Posted it in another thread, but I'm ALL IN with my FINAL prediction! Deep down, it's hard not to say it's Mac Jones still, but connecting all the dots with all the free agent QBs we scouted, all the trades we "checked in on" ... something tells me we were looking for a stop-gap guy all along. A placeholder. Jimmy doesn't want to be that guy, so out of respect, we tell him we can trade him if he'd rather have a fresh start. My final guess is this:

- 49ers draft Lance
- 49ers trade Jimmy Garoppollo
- 49ers use that or other picks to trade for another QB to bring in as the place-holder (Bridgewater or Minshew being key targets -- remember the "due diligence" we did on Teddy already?)

yes! I am all on the Lance train.. and I believe John Beck could be influential in Kyle's decision since he worked with Lance, has great things to say about him, .... and he he didn't work with Jones and wasn't asked by the Niners to work with Jones like he was asked to work with Lance.
I still believe it's Justin Fields
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
I still believe it's Justin Fields

I want Lance but fine with Fields.. just NO McKorkle Jones!!!
Originally posted by mayo49:
Want:
Wilson/Field/Lance

Get:
Jones

Yep, agree.

This
The differences between the "consensus" opinion in each of these polls is fascinating, especially as we get close to the draft.

The Niners, whether on purpose or by accident, have won the offseason. They've hijacked the draft intrigue and kept the rest of the draft on hold pending their selection. The extensive pro-day planning, John Beck, etc have kept the public interest without giving anything away. And the media has eaten it up. Podcasts, YouTube, ESPN, ... all are loving the interest this has created.

This will probably garner TV interest in the fall too.
Final Draft Prediction:

Mac Jones at #3

Jimmy traded for a 2nd round pick to Da Bears

49ers trade two 2nds to move back up into the 1st for Najee Harris

Center pick in the 3rd round. Quinn meinerz

Rounds 4-7: Depth at CB / LB / WR

Mac Jones handed the starting job. Sudfield is the backup. Rosen on PS.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Final Draft Prediction:

Mac Jones at #3

Jimmy traded for a 2nd round pick to Da Bears

49ers trade two 2nds to move back up into the 1st for Najee Harris

Center pick in the 3rd round. Quinn meinerz

Rounds 4-7: Depth at CB / LB / WR

Mac Jones handed the starting job. Sudfield is the backup. Rosen on PS.

Playoff hunt for sure, but they'd have to significantly exceed expectations for more. He's probably the QB with the highest estimated wins for 2021 season.

But obviously with the trade, the Niners are planning more than just this year. My opinion is by year 2+, both Fields and Lance's estimated wins would surpass Jones.

Fields

I don't believe Jones is the pick and think it is based mostly on media projections of who they think fits Kyle's system. Fields has been our guy from the start and once we found out the Jets were taking Wilson we jumped up.

That said I think the work we did on Lance was to determine if we might somehow take him over Wilson should the Jets change course and take Fields.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MeddlingKids:
Fields

I don't believe Jones is the pick and think it is based mostly on media projections of who they think fits Kyle's system. Fields has been our guy from the start and once we found out the Jets were taking Wilson we jumped up.

That said I think the work we did on Lance was to determine if we might somehow take him over Wilson should the Jets change course and take Fields.

I hope your right, Meddling - would love to have Fields in the fold come draft day.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Trey Lance. It will be Trey Lance.

TREY LANCE!!!!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Posted it in another thread, but I'm ALL IN with my FINAL prediction! Deep down, it's hard not to say it's Mac Jones still, but connecting all the dots with all the free agent QBs we scouted, all the trades we "checked in on" ... something tells me we were looking for a stop-gap guy all along. A placeholder. Jimmy doesn't want to be that guy, so out of respect, we tell him we can trade him if he'd rather have a fresh start. My final guess is this:

- 49ers draft Lance
- 49ers trade Jimmy Garoppollo
- 49ers use that or other picks to trade for another QB to bring in as the place-holder (Bridgewater or Minshew being key targets -- remember the "due diligence" we did on Teddy already?)

I've had this feeling for awhile. Garoppolo gets traded no matter what because you're not paying $20+ mil to a bridge QB when that money can be rolled over. I've been expecting a trade for Minshew since he would fit perfectly as bridge starter, potential future backup.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Want:
Wilson/Field/Lance

Get:
Jones

Yep, agree.

This

And this
Share 49ersWebzone