LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 167 users in the forums

If Fields goes #2, who do you want?

If Fields goes #2, who do you want?

It's been mentioned but never truly discussed. The only QB, I think, that would go #2 over Wilson, is Fields. For the sake of argument, if Fields is off the board at #3, who do you take? Do the team Lance people stick with Lance? Do the Mac Jones people stick with Mac? How many want Wilson over both?

My vote would be Wilson. I'd be bummed though because I'd rather have Fields over Wilson.
  • da209
  • Veteran
wilson
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Lance
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 21, 2021 at 10:14 PM ]
Wilson > Lance > Non QB > Jones
With all of this talk about how Shanahan hates off script play, I don't know if he'd like Wilson. I lean towards Lance and then Wilson.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
With all of this talk about how Shanahan hates off script play, I don't know if he'd like Wilson. I lean towards Lance and then Wilson.

Well the guy everyone believes started this whole McCorkle thing has Zach as his #1 and said he's #1 for Kyle too. Steve Young also said Zach is #1 for the 49ers and apparently we are the number one place he would like as well.
I don't mean to be snarky, but this is probably the most predictable poll ever.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I don't mean to be snarky, but this is probably the most predictable poll ever.

We're you around for the 100 polls for who to pick Nick Bosa or (insert name)?
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Apr 22, 2021 at 7:34 AM ]
Originally posted by 1swift:

Wilson is over rated! The first team he played from that weak div (coastal Carolina) made him look below average. Imagine if he played in against semi decent competition for a season. Just another Manziel clone
If the 9ers draft Mac Jones at #3, I look for Shanahan and Lynch to be gone in 2 years.

Originally posted by D-NOTTE:

Wilson is over rated! The first team he played from that weak div (coastal Carolina) made him look below average. Imagine if he played in against semi decent competition for a season. Just another Manziel clone

So if competition matters then I assume you think Lance is trash also.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Lance.

He's my QB2 in this draft.

Trevor
Lance
Fields
Wilson
Mac
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:

Comp does matter. I don't think Lance is trash because I never seen him fold or have a bad game with the competition he played. I cant say that about Zach. I watched that game live. And that wasnt the only one. The only bad game (they say) Trey had was the one this year where he threw he first int of his college career in route to a win where he accounted for 4tds.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Lance.

He's my QB2 in this draft.

Trevor
Lance
Fields
Wilson
Mac

I can agree with that. I might flip Zach and Mac tho.....jmo....... He has Johnny Manziel written all over him.
[ Edited by D-NOTTE on Apr 22, 2021 at 8:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

It matters if you are only good vs weaker competition. That has been the case with Wilson over 2 years.

Lance is an unknown since he never played competition the level of his own team or better. Wilson has and he performed poorly every time he did.
Share 49ersWebzone