There are 116 users in the forums

Hypothetical scenario #1 If we could acquire a first round pick for Jimmy G this year

Hypothetical scenario #1 If we could acquire a first round pick for Jimmy G this year

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Overkill:
Okay, I'll play along for argument's sake.

If we were to get a 1st for Jimmy, than there's no way I'm burning it to move up with the jets. There's no reason to burn another 1st on that pile when I don't see the gap between QB2/3 being that big and that's assuming the Jets even see things the same way.

I just don't see the Jags moving off #1 this year, so I wouldn't attempt that either. It have to take a lot more than just #3 & #15 to move them, imo, and we don't really have the ammo to play that game anymore.

I'm staying put at 3 and using the other first to get better. Doesn't matter to me if that means trading back to get more picks in an attempt to recoup some of what we lost by getting to 3 in the first place, or simply staying put and grabbing a good player.

Thank you for playing!
I just don't see any team giving us a 1st for Jimmy G unless it's the Pats. If the Pats did, it would probably be a 2022 1st which I would accept. That being said, Jimmy G's value is at an all time low. Let him play 2021 in SF with this stacked offense and build his value back up. He plays good, he probably secures a 1st round pick for us next off season and maybe we even get a mid rounder tossed in.
I can see a desperate team giving us a first round pick and maybe a little more because Jimmy took us to the super bowl. Jimmy is a proven commodity. His issue is durability not capability. If a team gave us a first round pick I would spend it on bpa - cb, te, rt, de, iol. I could see Chicago giving us a first and a player or a first and third. At this stage almost anything is possible when it comes to a qb needy team.
If we could get a 1st for Jimmy I would take either Fields/Lance at 3 and then pick OL or DE at either New England's pick number 15 or at Chicago's pick number 20.
In this scenario we get the QB we want plus we also shore up either side of the line.
Originally posted by jimrat:
LOL We goin to Sizzler

Lol
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
the ONLY 1st rounder we may get will be Tampa Bay's.... I think it would not be a bad idea for them to trade for Jimmy since Brady is 99 years old..

I'll even throw in the Chubby Deevah w/Grappy if Tampa Bay wanted another player for their 1st rounder..
Originally posted by 9moon:
the ONLY 1st rounder we may get will be Tampa Bay's.... I think it would not be a bad idea for them to trade for Jimmy since Brady is 99 years old..

I'll even throw in the Chubby Deevah w/Grappy if Tampa Bay wanted another player for their 1st rounder..

No way Tampa is trading their first round pick for an expensive backup quarterback. They are in "win now" mode.
If they can get a first fit Jimmy they should absolutely do it. Get Alex Smith in to start the first few games. Or even just bring Mullens back.

Being able to get a starter at CB or on the OL is totally worth it.

The other scenario that I like is trading Jimmy to Chicago or the Patriots for a second round pick and Dalton or Cam. Then the 9ers have a cheaper vet on a one year deal and the other team isn't stuck with two expensive QBs.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TrojanPV:
Originally posted by 9moon:

No way Tampa is trading their first round pick for an expensive backup quarterback. They are in "win now" mode.

he wont need to be too expensive, Grappy knows that Daddy Brady is a hit away from retiring... if Jimmy's smart, he'll agree to a fair amount of money because

the Bucs are as ready as we were when he came over to SF... being in the NFC also will be a motivation..

.. and IF your Tampa Bay, you would love to have Jimmy .. a season veteran who can play NOW and the team may not miss a thing..
I'm drafting an edge player or Trevon Moerhig

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/video/2021-nfl-draft-dont-be-shocked-if-49ers-trade-again-zach-wilson
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Originally posted by thl408:
sorry fro, but lol @ "first round pick you received for Jimmy G"

Carson Wentz got a 2nd and a 3rd, Jimmy is worth a first.

49ers record in last four seasons with Jimmy: 22-8
49ers record in last four seasons without Jimmy: 7-27

So, our team is a total of 17 games better with Jimmy than without him, or 4.25 games a season.

If New England wants a QB who can get them to the playoffs this season they can get Jimmy for a first.....or we can keep him and they can enjoy another 5 or 6 wins this year with Cam, who is clearly not the player he used to be.

It also makes us worse next year, with a real chance to being the worst team in the division with a rookie QB. So it's not worth it for us to make a trade unless it's for a 1st rounder.

Well s**t if we are going to win 75% of games with Jimmy as our QB why the f**k would we be trying to replace him. Is it cause winning % isn't reflective on the QBs worth

Pretty f**king stark when you look at the with and without splits. Jimmy starts we usually win, he doesn't and we usually lose. Simple as that.
Option 1 all day every day. Go Niners!
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
We will get a first considering what the Jets got for Darnold.
i would spend the 1st on our secondary in the draft
Share 49ersWebzone