LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 99 users in the forums

49ers Pre-Draft Visit Tracker 2020

Originally posted by krizay:
LOL not year 1. But i forgot where our disconnect is and has been. You're focused on the upcoming season and not the long haul.

Yes because drafting a top WR at 13 won't help in the long haul

Yup,trading down at 31 won't help in the long haul

I'm fine if they move down at 13 if the top 3 at WR are gone.
All I know is the draft is determined on the "winning now mode" and IF Staley will retire this year. That being said if the bi 3 WR's are gone at 13 I would favor trading down from pick 13, and getting a lower second round pick and ideally a second and maybe a 3rd. Get two players in the top 31 with five year contracts, and two more in top 90.

My hope is Mcglinchey can play LT and the niners can draft a RT in rounds 2 or 3. First two picks in round 1. WR and CB.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
LOL not year 1. But i forgot where our disconnect is and has been. You're focused on the upcoming season and not the long haul.

Yes because drafting a top WR at 13 won't help in the long haul

Yup,trading down at 31 won't help in the long haul

I'm fine if they move down at 13 if the top 3 at WR are gone.

As usual skipped right ove efg the meat of the conversation.

We're done here. Happy Easter
As usual skipped right ove efg the meat of the conversation.

We're done here. Happy Easter

Didn't skip over anything buzzy. As usual you deflected....

Happy Easter as well. Let's move on.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 12, 2020 at 11:17 AM ]
Cushenberry talked with SF after the combine as well

Just talked with the Broncos this morning, have a Seattle meeting at 4 o'clock today, Atlanta, Carolina," Cushenberry said Thursday. "A lot of teams that are in need for an interior lineman have been hitting me up. 49ers. Kinda hard to keep up with them, but it's a good group of teams that I've talked to."

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Cushenberry talked with SF after the combine as well

Just talked with the Broncos this morning, have a Seattle meeting at 4 o'clock today, Atlanta, Carolina," Cushenberry said Thursday. "A lot of teams that are in need for an interior lineman have been hitting me up. 49ers. Kinda hard to keep up with them, but it's a good group of teams that I've talked to."

Tbh I want to wait for an elite Center prospect. Cushenberry is a scheme fit but his ceiling isn't that high imo and center is a very important position in this offense. I would pass.
We can add Mason Fine to the list. He recently spoke with the Saints as well.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Tbh I want to wait for an elite Center prospect. Cushenberry is a scheme fit but his ceiling isn't that high imo and center is a very important position in this offense. I would pass.

Good to meet with though. I think Ruiz has to be highly regarded, but with lack of draft capital we have to be thinking about options when moving back. Cushenberry is a fine player, but I'd rather splurge on Ruiz or target a guard that could be had later in the draft, even after Cush. His teammate Lewis goes a round or two later. I'll take that value.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Good to meet with though. I think Ruiz has to be highly regarded, but with lack of draft capital we have to be thinking about options when moving back. Cushenberry is a fine player, but I'd rather splurge on Ruiz or target a guard that could be had later in the draft, even after Cush. His teammate Lewis goes a round or two later. I'll take that value.

I know that Lewis is projecting to be drafted later but I don't see it. I think he's the superior prospect and think he's easily IOL #2 if not #1 ahead of Ruiz.

I know I'm probably alone on that stance though.
Is there a lot of good character guys in this draft?

Originally posted by ChicoCorrales:
Is there a lot of good character guys in this draft?

42.4% are rated 'good character' by the BBB.
Originally posted by saniner:

He's been on there for a while actually, we spoke to him back during the Shrine Bowl.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

He's been on there for a while actually, we spoke to him back during the Shrine Bowl.

I missed that one
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I missed that one

5-11 QB.........KNBR article has him listed at 5-9 no thanks lol
[ Edited by jimrat on Apr 13, 2020 at 6:43 PM ]
49ers reportedly spoke to the Safety from Kansas Bryce Torneden
[ Edited by ninersnw on Apr 13, 2020 at 9:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone