There are 272 users in the forums

MadDog49er 2018 NFL Draft Best 50 Board- Updated 4/26

Thanks for your hard work.I am another who would be thrilled with the hypothetical first three rounds posed above.Further, rather tickled to see Cedrick Wilson in your top 50 -I like the kid 👍
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Based on my grading, the possible picks I would make on the clock (if on the board) would be

1st round: 9th overall (Dolphins 11th regardless): Roquan Smith
2nd round: 59th overall (from New Orleans Saints; 2016 draft-day trade) Uchenna Nwosu
3rd round: 70th overall (from Chicago Bears; 2016 draft-day trade) Frank Ragnow
3rd round: 74th overall (Dolphins 73rd regardless) Rashaad Penny

That is the perfect draft. Please let it happen.

Not for me. Rueben will play , no charges filed. That being said roquan doesn't fill any need. And is not BPA. Smith foster and someone else not named roquan lol

Roquan will be BPA if Chubb and Barkley are off the board IMHO. We'll see who is right. Smith and Foster together is not a bad thing. We have no good linebackers right now other than an uncertain Foster. Lol to say he doesn't fill any need. No matter, cuz I want him mainly because I think he will be BPA at 9. I'd like even more to trade back into the 20s and draft Rashaan Evans and pick up a lot of extra picks.

Who is BPA at 9 according to you with Barkley and Chubb off the board?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You realize that most people have Mayfield as a Top 5 pick? He most likely will be a Top 5 pick. You may personally not like the player but he's very well regarded by NFL teams it appears and there is going to be a massive run on QB's early.

Of course, but he's not a top 5 talent. He's not the best QB in this classat all and the red flags are there. This is a big board if I'm not mistaken.
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Mar 23, 2018 at 10:26 AM ]
You realize that most people have Mayfield as a Top 5 pick? He most likely will be a Top 5 pick. You may personally not like the player but he's very well regarded by NFL teams it appears and there is going to be a massive run on QB's early.

I've yet to see one big board or mock draft anywhere that had Mayfield as the top rated QB. I'm sure MD will get to his reasonings for this but I'm simply pointing out the most surprising ranking in his list. I'm certain MD would like to reconsider his ranking of Fournette last year and I see that being the same case we'll see with Mayfield
Wow, MD, that's a lot of work. Kudos sir.
After seeing your board it will be really interesting come draft day.
I expect a ton of fireworks with trades etc., and just can't wait. Love the possible picks to us.
MadDog i see you have Edmonds rated much lower then some. What are you seeing or not seeing that has him in the 30s where as some have him top 15?
I'm just curious to your thoughts on him.
[ Edited by stonecold590 on Mar 23, 2018 at 11:54 AM ]
Originally posted by mutant-man49:

I've yet to see one big board or mock draft anywhere that had Mayfield as the top rated QB. I'm sure MD will get to his reasonings for this but I'm simply pointing out the most surprising ranking in his list. I'm certain MD would like to reconsider his ranking of Fournette last year and I see that being the same case we'll see with Mayfield

Yeah, i really like Mayfield. Accuracy matters in my
Mind and he showed enough arm at the combine (second strongest MPH) to make me comfortable he can make all the throws. Guys love playing for him and he has a high football IQ. Would easily be the top graded QB if he was 6'2" or 6'3".

As for Fournette, I felt very good about my ranking last year. I had him as 33rd best, fourth best RB after McCaffrey, Kamara, and K. Hunt at 32. Of course, I would re-rank him higher today, as also the case with Kamara, who I think I had at 25th best overall and Hunt. I don't know anyone who graded Hunt over Fournette, so as you know, I don't mind being a contrarian. Gotta grade it like you see it
Originally posted by stonecold590:
MadDog i see you have Edmonds rated much lower then some. What are you seeing or not seeing that has him in the 30s where as some have him top 15?

Doesn't have the instincts to be elite. Running on raw talent which is immense
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by stonecold590:

Doesn't have the instincts to be elite. Running on raw talent which is immense
Thanks

Now you are moving the goalposts. I've seen several with him in the Top 5.

Yeah Mayfield is kind of an ass but he also is seen as a great teammate and leader with no real off the field issues.

Originally posted by Born49R:
Wow, MD, that's a lot of work. Kudos sir.
After seeing your board it will be really interesting come draft day.
I expect a ton of fireworks with trades etc., and just can't wait. Love the possible picks to us.

If the rumor is true that the Giants are only interested in picking Sam Darnold as their quarterback we could see the bills trade up to that number two slot to grab the quarterback they really want. The bills have a lot of ammunition to make a jump like that. I do think there will be a lot of trades in the first round

Yeah Mayfield is kind of an ass but he also is seen as a great teammate and leader with no real off the field issues.

I love to see one big board with Mayfield ahead of Darnold and Rosen and is love to see one mock with Mayfield as the first QB taken??

And I'm not talking about him going Top 5, that's almost a certainty. What I'm saying is the kid has flaws on and off the field. There is no way in hell hes the first QB taken in the draft, which is what MD thinks he should be. And I'll put money on that any day of the week!
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Mar 23, 2018 at 12:51 PM ]
Originally posted by hightop:
Thanks for your hard work.I am another who would be thrilled with the hypothetical first three rounds posed above.Further, rather tickled to see Cedrick Wilson in your top 50 -I like the kid 👍

Nobody was more productive at WR at the end of 2017 as Wilson. Final four games were gigantic. Plus. only one game the whole year under 60 yards reception. That is consistency.
Originally posted by hightop:

Nobody was more productive at WR at the end of 2017 as Wilson. Final four games were gigantic. Plus. only one game the whole year under 60 receiving yards. That is consistency.

He's like a cocky Russell Wilson.
Share 49ersWebzone