Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Big fan of this kid

If we could get him in round 2....

Would love that

Doubt he will get past the middle of Round 2

Oh I agree I doubt it as well
Draft him. Then our top three CB's will all be from the PAC-12.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I have Oliver as CB4 on my board, after Ward, Alexander, and Hughes. Very solid player whose matchup with Michael Gallup was one of my favorites of the year. Really fun to watch.

Whats makes him CB4 for you in comparison to the other corners? I.E. what are his weaknesses.
Eric Crocker absolutely loves this guy for our scheme...calls him perfect. Too bad he's most likely going at the end of the first.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I have Oliver as CB4 on my board, after Ward, Alexander, and Hughes. Very solid player whose matchup with Michael Gallup was one of my favorites of the year. Really fun to watch.

Whats makes him CB4 for you in comparison to the other corners? I.E. what are his weaknesses.

He isn't as sticky as Ward (just call him VELCRO), Alexander (so smooth in and out of breaks) and Hughes (has great ball skills). But, he is tough as nails, scraps on every play, and plays with good form.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Would be a great fit for SF

To me, this player more than any other in the entire draft, just seems like the perfect pick for the 49ers.

He's the best CB for our system and seems to be the safest CB pick we can make given his skillset, that he played with Weatherspoon and performed at a higher level in the same scheme (and Weatherspoon was an absolute stud down the stretch as a rookie). Would be cool to pair two college teammates tailor-made for our scheme for 5-10 years.

Only problem is our pick itself which is too rich for 9 and no chance of falling to our 2nd. He along with the edge rush depth to be had in round 2 are why I would much rather trade down and pickup a 2 and 4 rather than select a player at 9.

Would much rather be able to land a combo of Oliver / Ogbonnia Okoronkwo and grab best interior OL with our other 2nd over just choosing between Landry, Ward, or Fitzpatrick who are either poor value or poor fits.

I can see us grabbing him if we end up trading down with New England for their 2 first. Taking an edge rusher at #23 and selecting Oliver with the second first would be a win for our front office.

Oliver vs Gallup

Oliver vs Gallup

Just battling in this video and showing some strong CB skills. Want. On. Niners.
Oliver vs Gallup

Gallup won this day
Originally posted by NCommand:
Eric Crocker absolutely loves this guy for our scheme...calls him perfect. Too bad he's most likely going at the end of the first.

but betty crocker thinks he will be a bust
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Oliver vs Gallup

Gallup won this day

I give it to Oliver, had very little safety help, won nearly every time he was up in his face. Couple looked like option routes that he was off coverage and had no chance on.

Made me want both though, a better QB and Gallup would have won it.
Share 49ersWebzone